AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:51:04 AM EDT
What is the best way to fix this?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Tighten the screws?
I'm sorry , it had to be done

Seriouly though, whole thing loose? wood or plastic?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Try tightening it ... LOL, I couldn't resist ...

If it's loose from the screws like they're wallowed out, just put some glue in the hole and hammer a tapered piece of wood in it, let it dry and redrill it. If it doesn't fit tight in the receiver get some veneer and glue it to the sides to build it out. I've done both and it works fine, I use Gorilla Glue but if you've never used it I'd glue something else with it first, so you can see how it works, a little goes a long way ...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Is this a synthetic butt stock or a wood butt stock.  The method of repair will vary depending on which material it is.

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
OK I deserved that! I did atempt to tighten the screws before I posted this. Its a wood stock and it is tight side to side but verticaly it moves about 1/16". I was thinking about some glue and some shims any one else tried it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top