Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:31:23 AM EDT
I have a Sar1 with a stock that looks like THIS, but is fixed and made in USA. I am not sure why it is so terrible, but this gun kicks like a mule. I have other Ak's, and this is the worst by far. Is there any recoil pad available for this stock? I wrapped the top where your cheek rests with para cord. I thought this may help felt recoil a bit, it didn't. Would a recoil buffer help much?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
rarely does your bolt carrier impact the rear trunnion, but if you add the buffer it will always contact and even speed up your cycling and contribute to increased recoil, buffers are a $15 gimic
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
rarely does your bolt carrier impact the rear trunnion, but if you add the buffer it will always contact and even speed up your cycling and contribute to increased recoil, buffers are a $15 gimic

That's what I thought.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
you can get one of these jobbies for your FSE stock:

www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AK00513&storeid=1&image=AKbpad.gif
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking that the best way to tame the recoil would be to start shooting an M44 Nagant with heavy ball ammo.  that'll make you appreciate the SAR1 a whole lot more.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a old Weatherby with a lil tiny hard rubber butt pad in 300 win mag. Shoot a box then shoot the lil 7.62X39 fells like a 22 rifle after that. I dont shoulder my Aks much I dump at the hips. Try a new heavy recoil spring.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I just do not understand why this thing kicks so much harded than others.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Light weight?

Not really, I think it is the stock. That or I just have sand in my cooter. Plastic and metal stocks absorb alot. Wire stocks absorb a good bit also. I have a piece of foam from an Ace stock I cut it and wrapped the stock with it, then para corded over it. It feels better, maybe it will help. I felt it more in my cheek than my shoulder, although my shoulder is pretty beaten up after a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a rubber buttpad.  I'd also see if you have a buddy with a recoil spring assy you can swap out with and see if maybe you got a shit spring.

Either that or just MAN UP
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't think to swap my recoil springs. I will give it a shot.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top