Posted: 8/7/2005 9:28:12 AM EDT
Is this BS?

AK auction
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think he's showing you what the flat could be built into, not actually selling the pistol.

kinda funny, seeing as how the pistol in question has dimples
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't that DukeRyan's stuff?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
No I know hes not selling the pistol...but can you really bend the flats with your hands, and do they really not need to be heat treated?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
You certainly can bent the flats by hand, and they are thick enough that you could probably get away without heat treating.  Although I would heat treat the firing pin axis holes anyway.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd still tig weld it.  But that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No I know hes not selling the pistol...but can you really bend the flats with your hands, and do they really not need to be heat treated?

think about this for one second here.  if you can bend it by hand and then leave it, then how on earth is it going to withstand the rigors of firing?  

it wont

you have to bend it(which you can do by hand), make sure it is true, then weld the seams with a TIG or MIG welder(or standard stick or oxy/acet if you're feeling ballsy)  then I would still heat treat it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top