Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:52:11 PM EDT
Guy I used to know a long time ago-he was a weapons manufacturer/expert  AK gunsmith who worked on movies like Red Dawn, Patriot Games, Commando, Clear and Present Danger, James Bond movies, Missing in Action, Rambo,etc.  I heard he died last month-he was only 46 I think.  Anybody have any info???  He used to build some mean Chinese Krinks back in the day.  Just wondering what happened.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno if you already googled him or not but I found his obituary...

Daniel Wayne Sprague

Daniel W. Sprague, 46, passed away on Friday, July 1, 2005 at home in Yuma.He was born on August 7, 1958 in Yuma and started a career in commercial diving before returning to his family’s roots in the firearm industry. He served as a Master Weapons Technician and advisor to the film industry with over 50 major films to his credit. Danny was also a lifetime member of the NRA and a staunch republican.

Danny is survived by his brother, Richard D. (Allyson B.) Sprague, of Yuma; nephews, Taylor Lee Sprague, of Yuma and Chad Converse, of Ft. Bragg, NC; and niece, Hailey Converse, of Yuma.

He was preceded in death by his father, George W. Sprague; and mother, Jeanette D. Sprague.

Memorial services will be held at Calvary Temple of Christ, 4151 S. Ave. 3E on Thursday, July 7, 2005 at 10 a.m.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to Hospice of Yuma or the Humane Society.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes-I read a few articles with that same information.  I just want to know how he died.  The dude was always in tip-top shape, and he was only 46.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear of his passing. reading into the obit, it must have been cancer since he died at home and the family requests donations to a Hospice.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear of his passing. reading into the obit, it must have been cancer since he died at home and the family requests donations to a Hospice.
Bomber

Yeah, that's usually what that means.

Hell of a way to go. And so young too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You're right-I totally overlooked that.  thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]
It could have been something like Lou Gehrig's disease too... although probably less likely than cancer.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top