Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:18:06 PM EDT
  Well here it is, took me a while to get it all finished as I had to waite for a while on a couple parts,

I ordered the kit off of the AK EE, fair price and quick shipping, a unissued kit, # matching as per SOP.  I put her together using a Global 1.mm reciever, and had them Parkarize it for me, I can't get it done locally for less.  Here is the rear trunion installed and fitted, with the odd Yugo PG retaining nut  in place...

You know that you spend too much time in the basement with your toys when the old lady brings this down to you....

Fake can from Sportsnut after bead blasting, GunKote and cooked...

All finished out, the only thing that I refinished in GunKote was the reciever, and the can.  the finishe on everything else was too nice to mess with.

I sanded the furniture down to bare wood, and then refinished with Minwax Red Mahogany stain.  I put on two coats, the last coat I put on thick and let dry 24 hours.  

Here it is all streched out ready for some Iron Maidens and 5 in plates/poppers...

A really cool blaster, complete with night sights, and the fit and finish/hot bluing finish of the M92 is real nice, It has now become one of my favorite gun's..

Mark.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Great job!

Did you put any sealer/finish wax on those handguards?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn nice job and awesome wife, too!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
On the last coat of finish I mixed in a bit of Polyurithaine.  I like to do it that way because it dosn't seem to give the furniture so much of a gloss/shine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here is the rear trunion installed and fitted, with the odd Yugo PG retaining nut  in place...

That's the milled receiver type retaining nut.   Didn't know the Yugo's used them on stamped kits.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
that grip nut is new to me......learn something everyday
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice job.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet lookin'
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top