Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 1:11:12 PM EDT

Anyone ever smoked a "Beedi" ???

Oh yeah .... the ammo .... Anyone shot any ? ... Good ? ... Bad ?

I'm practicing posting pics !!!! ... Don't flame Please ...

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Smoked beedie's all the time (my big weakness).  First smoked them over in the desert, we ran out of American brands and have been smoking them ever since.  Some times hard to find but usally an Indian (not American) store will have them.  In fact, the very kind you show are the same knid we got over in the desert and they cost us about about $3.25 for a carton (500 smokes IIRC).

As far as the ammo goes, haven't shot that kind so I can't give you any info on it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Now I have people emailing wanting to buy the Beedi's ...

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammo made by Ulyanovsk is on par with ammo made by the other Russian ammo mfgs. Tula,Barnaul,and Vympel. It is nothing special just depends on if your rifle likes it or not.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Puff, Puff, Give!

We should have an ammo sticky of all the different and exotic ammo found all over the world. Pertaining to the 7.62x39 of course even some 5.45 would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ammo is Uly.  Far better quality than Wolf.

And maybe a hair under Barnaul, but only a hair.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the info guys ... I bought 3000 Rnds @ $55.00/1000 a couple yrs back ... It shoots well in my rifles but I haven't shot enough to be able to compare it to others ... It goes bang ... Glad I bought it now ...

The Beedi's are Old guys ... I've had 'em since '91 .... They old and dried up like me

You can't smoke these things ... they'll kill ya  

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top