Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:10:12 PM EDT
Since the end of the "assault weapons" ban in September some AK enthusiasts have posted photographs of their pure eviiil AKs. These have folding stocks and flash suppressors.  Here is my first cut at a pure eviil AK. The underlying firearm is the Romanian AKT98 which is the AK training rifle in .22 LR. What I have done is thread the front of the barrel 1/2 x 28. This is the treading used by an AR 15 birdcage flash hider; ok - an eviiil feature. It is also the treading used by many .22 sound suppressors. So my AK is evil because it has this suppressor. Also I will be adding an ACE folding stock. Eviiiil at its purist.

http://host45.ipowerweb.com/~eye-goug/evil1.jpg

http://host45.ipowerweb.com/~eye-goug/evil2.jpg

http://host45.ipowerweb.com/~eye-goug/evil3.jpg

http://host45.ipowerweb.com/~eye-goug/evil4.jpg

http://host45.ipowerweb.com/~eye-goug/evil5.jpg
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the photos, Im getting Red Xs
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
An evil so mighty it can only be seen in the form of LITTLE RED X
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW: The suppressor is a Vortex-2 made by  GemTech , Biose, Id. A great product.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you actually from Seattle?

Don't tell me, I don't want to know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you actually from Seattle?

Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

is that why he has his face blurred out?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Long barrel and supressor, that has got to be very quiet....

Elmer Fudd Quiet
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]
It's ok to have these in Washington State; otherwise ATF would not hve approved the transfer. The suppressor is shown  (I didn't say used) in full compliance with state law.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Bizarre law in Washington regarding supressors.  It is perfectly legal to own them, but illegal to use them *ever*.  Let's all hope we don't get a gun law like this on the books, talk about a tease...  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's ok to have these in Washington State; otherwise ATF would not hve approved the transfer. The suppressor is shown  (I didn't say used) in full compliance with state law.

I know they're legal to own but not use in WA. Just playing around.

BTW I grew up in Washington.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
That supressor should be black...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That supressor should be black...

True,  but he lefty it shiny so it stands out more.

Kind of his way of saying, "I have a supressor and you don't".  
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I am interested to hear what the performace of the suppressor is.  considering that the .22 cana are usually 5.56 and the 74s are 5.45.... I am looking at doing it with my Krink.  I am sure it will be a bit lounder since you have more room around the round to let gas escape.  Let me know what your impressions of the sound suppression is.

I have a gemtech Operator and it is amazingly quiet. ( 22/45 frame)

Anthony
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]
The Ak and suppressor was field tested in Oregon. Maybe there is some confusion about the set-up. The Vortex-2 is intended for .22 rim fire. GemTech makes, or made, other suppressors such as the Hornet (I believe that is what it is called) that was intended for 5.56 and full-auto .22. I don't know for sure if the bore diameter is the same for the .22 and 5.56 cans. I don't believe that there is a gap, due to a larger than needed bore,  in the Vortex-2 suppressor that allows gas to escape.

When the AKT98 was field tested the folks who were standing around were amazed by the degree of sound reduction. One could hear the impact of the bullet striking the backstop 100 yards away. However, I will say that it might not be as quiet as one would expect it to be. The Vortex-2 was also used on a Walther P-22 pistol, and the sound seemed to be a bit quieter when using the pistol. This difference might be attributed to the fact that standard velocity ammo was used most of the time when shooting the AK and subsonic ammo was used when using the pistol.

I am not sure how practical this set up is other than showing off an evil AK and an evil suppressor.  None the less, the two togethr are pure evil.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Now all you need is is a hi-cap mag... lemme know if you find one. I know SOG dosen't have any, but I've got a couple comming in from them that my gunsmith friend offered to try to combine into 1.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice!

Damn I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Toebell:

Let us know how the hi-cap mag works out. I would be interested buying some or building some if it is easy to do. I attempted to disassemble one of the mags, but decided not to go farther than remove the floor plate and look inside. I wasn't sure that if I removed the part of the mag that has the 22 parts that I would be able to reassemble it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]
ToeBall:

Ooops, sorry for using the wrong name. I know it's ToeBall, and not Toebell.

Seattlekayaker
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I am interested to hear what the performace of the suppressor is.  considering that the .22 cana are usually 5.56 and the 74s are 5.45.... I am looking at doing it with my Krink.  I am sure it will be a bit lounder since you have more room around the round to let gas escape.  Let me know what your impressions of the sound suppression is.

I have a gemtech Operator and it is amazingly quiet. ( 22/45 frame)

Anthony

You might try re-reading his post.  He said his rifle was an AK training rifle in .22LR, not 5.45...  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Check the photos, Im getting Red Xs

you should be grateful..it looks like he's in his jammies or else has the most hideous camo pattern i've ever seen
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi Curt:

The Russkies would be insulted by your comment. Then, again, maybe this is why they lost in Afghanistan. This the the KLMK pattern used by the Russian airborne, Spetnaz, and border guard troops in the 1970s - 80s. Illustrations of it appear in some of the Osprey series books such as the one on elite Warsaw Pact units and the Russians in Afghanistan. I wanted a "Red Dawn" type of jumpsuit and got the real thing. One of my co-workers who is from Russia translated the label for me and said that it was made in a factory in Rostow, Russia.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top