Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:37:54 PM EDT
What type of AK varient would you want for defense?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
sam-7s for me
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Polish PMKMS Underfolder. I got one with loaded magazine laying next to my bed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A AK pistol with a Norinco 75 round drum
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Polish PMKMS Underfolder. I got one with loaded clip laying next to my bed.

??????????????
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For inside and around your home, cant go wrong with a Saiga 12

I would have to agree on this one

I personally use my mossy 500A with turkey shot, partly because I live in an apartment, mainly because I'm a sadistic bastard
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I personally use my mossy 500A with turkey shot, partly because I live in an apartment, mainly because I'm a sadistic bastard

If you are sadistic then why not use rock salt instead of turkey shot?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are sadistic then why not use rock salt instead of turkey shot?

because I I dont want a civil suit from a survivor.  I just want to see them twitch for a little bit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
lol

My MAK90 is sitting beside my bed. 6 loaded 30 rounders beside it....an a 20 rounder with ballistic tip bullets...and a 10 round as a last resort. But if it gets that bad I will have to get the taurus pt99 out...which is right beside the rest of the magazines....2 15 round clips loaded with 9mm holo-points.

Either way I am pretty sure if I don't take care of it my dad will.

But by the time I stop shooting I'm sure I will have destroyed everything worth stealing...but hey 9 times out of 10 the robber is going to be dead. Just hope he actually has a weapon so I don't go to prison.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:03:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Home defense?  Defense of your land?  I think just about any rifle is a poor choice for defense inside the home because of the muzzle blast.  Way too much noise in a confined area.  I agree with the reply for the Saiga shotgun.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate to say it, but the Ak would be a poor choice for Home Defense.

Even if the shooting is justified,  there will still be an investigation.

A lawyer would have a field day when trying to get you on excessive force or when the scum bag's family sues you for the death of the robber.  

Sadly, this is sad fact of life in the US.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]

actually its more of a made-up fact.

If the shooting gets ruled justified its not going to matter what you killed the dude with.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Remington 870 (ooops that's not an AK)

But my first choice is a 7 shot 870 with #4 buck shot.  To me, this is the ideal platform for those in home "social" situations.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If the shooting gets ruled justified its not going to matter what you killed the dude with.

True, but it still looks bad. It will look even worse at the civil suit trail, or against a liberal prosecuter (who has the final say on if its justifiable)
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True, but it still looks bad. It will look even worse at the civil suit trail, or against a liberal prosecuter (who has the final say on if its justifiable)

Wouldn't it help if YOU survive the HOME INVASION? In the outer boroughs of this city there have been frequent reports of gangs first cutting the phone wires, then the power before breaking down the front door. The 'entry' team is usually three, though sometimes more, and they typically have at least one lookout/getaway driver. They have been known to impersonate police officers, though I've yet to hear them go as far as wearing uniforms. I have heard of as many as eight, and we recently  broke up a crew of twenty, with three or more still on the loose.
Not that I expect any arfcom member to get into something like this, but if you plan to defend yourself, you should consider the possibilities. Febuary of this year, we had a gang shootout involving some type of AK47. Descriptions suggest MAK90 with no buttstock Fallujah style. Stitched up two cars one perp and the wall of an elementary school. Nobody arrested to date.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#19]
For inside the house,and outside at night,the AKs stay in the safe but the Ithica riot gun comes out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#20]
870 or 1300 pump with extended tube...#4 buck Chech Chink nothing says yer on private property like a pump... But in a rural enviroment where no one will get hurt but who yer shooting at I like a full metal jacketed Ak-47 take you're pic on the varient that way you can tear up a car or wooden fence etc...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
IMO a 74 would be best, less penetration.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Would a .223 penetrate a house wall or would it just fragment and stop?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Would a .223 penetrate a house wall or would it just fragment and stop?

Depends on the house,  I would imagine a regular stick built house with vinyl siding and oxboard sheathing would go through easily unless it hit on the the 2x6s or whatever yours walls are built with, sheetrock inner walls will go through easily unless it hits a 2x4 which it might penetrate but I don't know much on 223's penetration for things of that nature.
However some houses like mine are full masonry/cement even my inner walls are about 24 inches thick of brick and/or cement covered with plaster so not much can penetrate it unless if someone were to tow a German 88 or US 105 howitzer up to the house and shell the shit out of it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top