Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 5:27:49 PM EDT
I just picked up some new black Bulgarian 74 30rd mags. The followers in the mags and floorplates look brand new, but the the machining on the front, rear and top of the polymer bodies look very rough as though someone took a rough file to smooth the edges from the 2 sides of the polymer body meeting together at the seam. Is this normal of Bulgarian workmanship? I know AK rifles and mags are built for reliability and comestics are last on the list. Any info would be appreciated if these mags I purchased were brand new... Stan
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at mine and the polymer "welding" on the front and back do look a bit odd.  Kind of like a glue gun type procedure was used to put the 2 halves together and then extra scaped or filed off.  Probably just the way they are made.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I looked at mine and the polymer "welding" on the front and back do look a bit odd.  Kind of like a glue gun type procedure was used to put the 2 halves together and then extra scaped or filed off.  Probably just the way they are made.

Good discription,

The mags are 100% brand new my man. Most if not all of the Bulgarian mags have the "file" marks to some degree. Some more than others. I will stand behind them 110%. If you are not happy with them I will send a complete refund + return shipping fees +10% of the total for the time and trouble to return them. Let me know what I can do.

Now THAT'S customer service
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Those Polymer Bulgarian mags may be rough at the seams but they are the toughest magazine body I have ever seen.  crushproof and rustproof  what else do you want in a mag body?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes the tops look rough.  If it runs, no big deal.  And 99% of them will in my experience.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you are not happy with them I will send a complete refund + return shipping fees +10% of the total for the time and trouble to return them. Let me know what I can do.

Wow, I'd like to order everything you have...twice! ;)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the responses. I just wanted to be sure about the mags. These are indeed brand new mags that I bought. Josh..you guys rock!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I had one black bulgy that flat refused to work, in any of my 74's. It would feed the first round and then the second would not feed. It would jam the round just below the chamber. I compared it to another and notice it lacked any "work/file" marks. I took a file to the top and side of the feed lips. It's 100% now, functions just fine. FWIW.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top