User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 5:23:08 PM EDT
Where are they??
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
SOG has them, with screw on slant comp, and bayonet.. Listed in their latest flyer at $288, but that is a misprint.. They are around $315..
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
StyerAug doesnt think highly of them.

check out his post in GD.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I saw that post,  I was looking for the folders.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#4]
My local pawn shop got one of these in...here's what I saw...

The bayonets included have a better blade than some of the cheap Chinese bayos that came with the old Chinese AK's.  However, it has a really goofy looking fat bakelite handle on it.  Authentic, as far as I know, but not attractive.  The bayo has the wire cutter feature.  

The slant brake may or may not really be threaded.  You can't  just take them off  like a real AK because rather than put the retaining spring/plunger on it they hammered in a fixed piece of small metal rod.  That means if you wanted to put something else on the barrel-a brake or flash suppressor, you'll have to pry out the rod somehow.  Good luck.

It has a brown leather sling rather than the green canvas of the original WASR's...looks ok.

Overall quality is about the same as the other WASR's...kinda rough but functional
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
local shop here wants $464 for one, He also wanted $399 for a normal WASR10
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top