Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:08:03 PM EDT
I am waiting for Dick's sporting goods to get the red-dot I want in but I think you get the picture.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
cool I guess, if thats what you like... but I still dont really get why people try to AR-ize their AK's
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Its different. Next is a TDI rail system with a ergo vert grip and a bi-pod.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks great...............Job Well Done!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
It is also U.S. compliant thanks to you guys. I have no idea about the 922r until I started coming here. So I put a TAPCO gas piston and g2 trigger group in. Also have a green blackjackbuffer in it.

I plan on getting a slip on buttpad for the stock along with a clip on cheek piece probably. And the rail and stuff. It is almost setup how I want it. The stock is pretty cool. I didn't like it at first but its growing on me.

Right now I only have 5 30 rounders and 1 10 round clip. After I get the rail and stuff I want to get a drum and some of those 20 rounders from tapco.

Damn this gun....it has kept me from getting a nitrous system for my camaro 3 times now.

I also want to get it in the back of TAPCO. I think its possible with a few more things. After I saw that SAR-1 in there I figured I could get mine in there to.

:::edit::::   anyone know where I can get one of the slings that I can make into a 1 point? Buddies WASR-10 came with one. Mine came with a wierd skinny green sling. His is thicker and has a clip on one end.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks great.  Can you list the changes made and post links to where/what parts you added?  I was trying to do a search on your previous posts but it appears this board doesn't have that function.  I'm picking up a Mak 90 in the near future myself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#9]
sickMAK90, I have one of the wide romanian slings laying around collecting dust, IM me if you are interested
PolytechKID
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Here are the changes

CAR stock and TDI ergo pistol grip purchased from www.blackjackbuffers.com

TAPCO gas piston and tapco G2 trigger group purchased from www.tapco.com

Ultimak rail - I purchased it straight from ultimak www.ultimak.com BUT blackjackbuffers.com has it 10$ cheaper. And cheaper shipping.

The front lower handguard is from a choate dragunov stock set I bought from somewhere...I can't remember.

The ak74 pin on muzzle break was purchased from somewhere...been to long ago to remember.

The MAK90's are good AK's. I got mine for $350 and it had never been fired. Had the thumbhole stock. All around nice gun. I like it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Awesome - thanks for the info.  Your Mak 90 looks great!  $350 is a good price for a NIB Mak 90 - cheapest I've found locally are all $400+.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw one today that was used...A LOT. Looked like crap. 400$. I got lucky because it was on consignment.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Dump the Camaro and put that money towards more AK'S!!!

One AK is not nearly enough!!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#14]
If you don't mind a few more questions....

I see there are 2 styles of UltiMAK rails (with or w/o gas ports).  Is this an end user preference, or must one match their AK manufacturer to a specific rail type?

Did you buy the new piston to add another US part or is a new piston recommended for use with the UltiMAK?

Do you know what diameter the muzzle is?  Is it easily threaded to add a screw on hider/break?

Thanks (AK newbie here )
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#15]
You choose which ultimak depending on what your AK has now. Some come with and some come without gas ports it just depends. And I just added the U.S. gas piston for a U.S. part. You do not need to change anything to add an ultimak. And I have no idea about threading a barrel.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
cool I guess, if thats what you like... but I still dont really get why people try to AR-ize their AK's

A collapsing stock is more usable than a folding one.  No matter what position its in you can shoulder the weapon and fire it with little discomfort.  50% of the positions of a folding stock make it as useful as a Tec-9.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Sick MAK!!!

And it looks at least 105% more evil than a standard MAK-90!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#18]
It looks way cooler with a red-dot on it. I had a bushnell on it but I couldn't use my open sights. So I took it back. I am waiting for them to get a 42mm tasco in. I should definetly be able to see my open sites with it.

After I get some stuff for my camaro I will probably finish it up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top