Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 2:58:24 PM EDT
I just got a new underfolder from Global.  This is a very sweet rifle that is very tight.  I bought it because I like the way that underfolders look but after shouldering it, I really like the feel of the underfolder.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'll post a range report as soon as I do this weekend.  I have a question, This rifle has an AKM gas block, the one that has holes in it and it also has an AK-47 gas tube, the one that also has holes in it.  Will this cause a problem?  If so, then I'll get Global to switch it since they are about an hour away.  Price was $589, this equals $630 out the door.  Thanks for any info on the AKM gas block and 47 gas tube.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
PICTURES?   Might cuase cycling problems because of too much gas pressure loss.   Thats what happened to me once when I tried the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought there Sundance.  Shouldn't be a big deal.  I might just order an AKM gas tube and keep the 47 one as a spare to for my SSR-85C.  I would post some pics, but I don't know how.  I do have a digital camrea so give me a quick lesson.  BTW, I really like the feel of the wood on this rifle, it is kinda course, makes for a real positive hold.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got one too.  My first AK type.  It is an AMD-63-2UF.  I have put a few hundred rounds through it with one stovepipe type jam in the first mag.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
That wouldn't suprise me there sp1shooter.  This is one tight AK.  Okay, I've the pics on my pc, now I just need to know where to host them at.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a free picture hosting site.  Upload them there and then post the url of the pictire like this:

(img][/img)  make sure you use [] on both sides

Try photobucket  photobucket.com/
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Here goes    

img[http://tinypic.com/chjjo]/img

Looks like I didn't get it right.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sp1shooter, that looks exactly like my rifle.  You also have an AKM gas block with an AK-47 gas tube.  I'm going to order aa AKM gas tube tommorrow if Global don't have any.  Glad to see yours worked well.  I plan on sending about 3 to 5 hundred rnds down range in mine this weekend.   My folding stock has just a little, maybe 1/8 to 1/16 inch play in it when it is extended.  No side to side play, just up and down, how about yours?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My stock has a little up and down play, nothing bothersome though.  It had some side to side, but I tightened up the  nut and it is great.  The wood is really loose, even worse after shooting it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you order these through global trades? And if so is there a lug and threaded barrel
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here goes    

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have a question, This rifle has an AKM gas block, the one that has holes in it and it also has an AK-47 gas tube, the one that also has holes in it.  Will this cause a problem?

Hungarian AKM's also use a gas block AND gas tube with holes. It works for their AK's, it should on a Polish rifle too...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#13]
It will probably be fine. My MAK90 had the gas tube with the holes in it. I added a ultimak...which is shorter. So there is a slight gap at the front of the block...even with the gap and the holes it still cycles fine. Yours will probably be fine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Put several 30rnd mags through it, rapid fire, and let us know how it works?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Sundance.  If you don't mind, what did I do wrong?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here goes    

[XXX]tinypic.com/sample.jpg[/XXX]  <--- Use this format to show an image.  

Replace the XXX with IMG
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here goes    

[XXX]tinypic.com/sample.jpg[/XXX]  <--- Use this format to show an image.  

Replace the XXX with IMG

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Put several 30rnd mags through it, rapid fire, and let us know how it works?

Yeah. It'll probably run just fine.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I had one and they tried to fix it several times and it would work fine for the first few mags, then start stovepiping, FTF, triple fires, etc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a question, This rifle has an AKM gas block, the one that has holes in it and it also has an AK-47 gas tube, the one that also has holes in it.  Will this cause a problem?

Hungarian AKM's also use a gas block AND gas tube with holes. It works for their AK's, it should on a Polish rifle too...

My Polish AK (from Atlantic/Vector) has the exact same setup. I've put just over 1000rnds through it w/o any problems.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#21]
That's good to hear kinaed.  Hey SC Texas, you said you had one that had problems, was it a rifle like mine or another rifle from Global?  If you could explain a little more I'd sure appreciate the info.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I had numerous Failures to feed, Failures to completely extract, double and triple fire, stoveipes.

It would come back from GT and work for one or two mags and then it would start its dance all over again.

They finally took it back fromthe guy who I bought it from.  They are great guys and their customer service, is excellent as long as you deal with Jimmy.  Ron shold be kept LOCKED i the back room and never, ever allowed to talk to a customer.

I wold buy from them again because they took care of this rifle over  a year ofter the original buyer bought it and did that for the second purchaser.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I had numerous Failures to feed, Failures to completely extract, double and triple fire, stoveipes.

It would come back from GT and work for one or two mags and then it would start its dance all over again.

They finally took it back fromthe guy who I bought it from.  They are great guys and their customer service, is excellent as long as you deal with Jimmy.  Ron shold be kept LOCKED i the back room and never, ever allowed to talk to a customer.

I wold buy from them again because they took care of this rifle over  a year ofter the original buyer bought it and did that for the second purchaser.

Let me guess.  SSR-56?  I had very similiar problems with mine and got my money back.  I hesitate to do business with Global again.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top