Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 4:00:53 PM EDT
I have two questions:

1- I have an Ak with nothing on the end. I would like a Muzzle brake/flash hidder (never really saw much of a difference cosmetic wise) now that the AWB is DEAD. I saw an article in a gun mag a while back ago but can't remember where or who. What I would like is some sites/options for diferent styles and for putting one on. Also, how do recommend doing it, having it threaded, pins..?? I have no threads now.

2-I have trigger slap extreme, I tried fixing it via one of the Kalashnikov sites and it's still there. Rather than continuously messing with it, I've decided to drop in a trigger system. The best one I saw was from red star arms but it's $90. Is it worth it?? and/or are there some as good/better/cheaper, etc....

Any information would be greatly appreciated, escpecially with links Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Is RSA FCG worth the cost?  I am going to go against the grain and say no- not because it costs too much but it's impractical.  Adjustable 2-stage trigger groups are nice on a firearm designed for precision shooting which the AK is not.  It's a battle rifle.  Simplicity and reliability are important attributes for such arms.  Per RSA installation and adjustment instructions, once you "adjust" the various allen key screws to your liking, they should be blue loc-tited and keep an eye on them in case the loctite becomes contaminated by cleaning and lubricating solutions and thus allowing the screws to come loose. In some cases, you'll have to remove material from the caming surface of the safety selector to hand fit it to the trigger group once you have everything setup. Else, the safety lever will not click into its fully up and engaged position. I believe FSE or G2 groups are best for battle rifles.  If the screws on my SEAK ever come loose, I am planning on replacing the group from the ones from FSE or Gordon Tech.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the redstararms trigger group is the best in the world and available for less money from brownells, midway, etc. email ken roberts of redstar...he'll guide you to the deals. www.redstararms.com

what kind of ak do you have?

Well I guess that would help, wouldn't it.  A century arms Romanian.
Here's a pic with my Ar ( I call my Ar Darth Vaderhttp://www.hunt101.com/img/174269.JPG
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top