Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 8:13:23 PM EDT
Hello folks . . .

Have an "ejector" question please . . . .

I have a Izhmash / Saiga AK, that was "converted" to the orginal configuration by "Hesse".  I've had this rifle for about three years now and it has always "run" 110% - never ANY problems in an way.   Caliber 7.62 X 39 and it has fired a BUNCH of Wolf, Barnual, Silver Bear and Yugo ammo in the past -- say maybe 5,000 - 6,000 rounds.

Well . . . .

was out shooting today and when I was cleaning it at home tonight  (yes - -  I clean my AK's  ! !)  I noticed that the ejector was "peened" on the tip.  I would say it was "peened back" maybe 1/16 of an inch or so.     Never noticed it until now, and the rifle ran just fine today -- as always.  

I have a couple of SARs and a Maadi too, but when I checked them they were not "peened" on the ejector tip.

So . . .  is this something to worry about ? ?

I really like/enjoy this rifle and use it often at the local steel plate shoots.  

Any ideas / opinions ? ??

Thanks  ! ! !  

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You could attempt to heat treat the tip but probably it is easier to shoot it until it stops ejecting right and then have someone build the worn edge up with a TIG welder. On a '74 build on a Vulcan rec., I have the same problem. My wear seems to have stopped after about 60 rnds or so, and after about 300 rnds it still functions flawlessly.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top