Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 1:18:21 PM EDT
The lifting of the assault weapons ban affect the AK47.  Do you still have to have the American parts kit to add the pistol grip and a regular stock?  I have an old MAK 90 with the thumbhole stock that I want to change out.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They're all full auto now.  That and radioactive boolits are now legal.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They're all full auto now.  That and radioactive boolits are now legal.

Oh, my bad.  Did I say that?

Everything is the same except now you can have:

Bayonette lugs
Flash supressors
Grenade launchers
Folding stocks
Pistol grips

All on the same rifle with a detachable box mag.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe 922R still applies, so you would need the American parts to change to a pistol grip on a foriegn AK. You could just put a pre-ban stock on it anyway and not worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a river of them flooding our street last night, but I could not get to them because of the hail of bullets raining down.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The lifting of the assault weapons ban affect the AK47.  Do you still have to have the American parts kit to add the pistol grip and a regular stock?  I have an old MAK 90 with the thumbhole stock that I want to change out.  Thanks

The lifting of the 94 AWB allows the addition of "evil" features such as flash supressors, collapsible stocks, etc. to your AK.  It also axed the 10 round capacity limit for new manufactured/imported magazines.  However...

Yes, the 1989 still applies to imported weapons.  Which covers most of your AKs.  An imported AK or any AK manufactured after 1989 has to have enough US parts in it to be considered a domestic rifle.  Once your rifle is "domestic" you can add the evil features which were once contr-ban due to the now defunct 1994 ban.

Here's a link which should help you.

The parts count question...

Hope that helps.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guys!  I knew I could find the answers here.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top