Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:26:10 PM EDT
Just got my WASR 10 in a couple of weeks ago............already have ordered a laminate stock set, a better pistol grip, put the IOR scope mount on and stuck a holo sight on it..........woo hoo what fun!  This is more fun than modding my AR was!  Does it ever end?  I already feel like the WASR needs a twin or another AK friend.........a helluva lot of fun for so cheap!  I'm turning into Beavish, [Any of y'all addicted to these AKs??]

Jeff (an AK newbie)
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a WASR-10 low cap model a few weeks ago...so what did I do?? Modified it to high cap of course! I also added 5 more US Spec parts to keep it legal, what a pain that was. Next on the list is a new set of wood (looking for a orangey, blonde wood set) and a scope/mount. Any pics??
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll get some pics once I put the stock on etc.  Mine was a low cap too, was being the key word........but for $210 to my door, I couldn't turn it down.  I have the required U.S. parts also, and it was easy enough to dremel out the mag well & rails with a tungsten carbide bit....took about an hour, but works beautifully.  I think I will end up buying more AK type guns now that I have this one; it is my second favorite out of all my military rifles with the exception of the M1A.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:[Any of y'all addicted to these AKs??]
Jeff,
I've been addicted to AKs since my first one back in 1985.Ahhhhhhhh,my first,a folding stock Clayco!
Try to get a handle on your addiction or you'll be as pathetic as the rest of us,my little bunker could almost pass for a Mosque!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top