Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 8:37:03 PM EDT
Any way possible to buy or build a semi PKM? these things are niiiiice lookin.of course even if you could i bet it wouldnt be for any less than 3k. I have never seen any parts for sale for them and was just wondering/hoping.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
now thats a winning idea if I've ever heard one
me likes the PKM, I got to play with a real one in Iraq, and it struck me as a pretty darn good MG.

I'd love to have a semi closed bolt version.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Since Vector is selling the old RPD at 2000 is why im sayin no less than 3k considering the PK is a later and improved design. And i think i remember an individual saying that Ohio Rapid Fire or someone was building one for them unless i dreamed that which is probably the case but i hope not. i would GLADLY shell out 3 thousand for a semi PK. alot better than the M60(even though its a very well recognized and beautiful gun) Anyway, im looking for any kind of feedback on this subject.
Thanks alot,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I think post-sample PK's are in the $3-4k range; I doubt you could find a kit for less than that.  Add in the R&D costs to make a receiver, get it approved by BATF, and actually build the thing, I think you're looking at a $5k-6k gun...maybe more.  It would be cool, but unfortunately I don't think it'll ever happen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys aren't the only ones.... I have been hoping for this for a long time....
closer to it everyday... check out this thread BTW, related info...

www.m2hb.net/dshk/viewtopic.php?t=202

-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top