Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:48:19 PM EDT
I have an SAR-1 and an SAR-2, want to get the barrels threaded on both.  Problem is everybody I've E-mailed won't do LH threads, or does'nt do metric.  I could do it myself if the OD is o.k. and if I could find a place that sells the proper dies.  Also, what happened to InrangeC2 and Troy Sellars?  Link in my favorites does'nt work anymore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I am also interested in this.  I want a slant muzzle break.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Send an email to this address [email protected]
to get on the waiting list to rent a 14X1 LH threading kit. Or go to

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5735&title=AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE

www.dynasystems-ltd.com/GunFile/Products.html

and pay $50 to $60 for your own kit.

The wait on renting the kit is 5 weeks... The back order on the dynasystems die is 5 weeks.

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help and offers of tooling.  I think I'll buy one of my own, 'cause I'm betting two or three of my buddies are gonna want it done too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you find a die that you don't have to wait 5 weeks to get, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Send an email to this address [email protected]
to get on the waiting list to rent a 14X1 LH threading kit. Or go to

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5735&title=AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE

www.dynasystems-ltd.com/GunFile/Products.html

and pay $50 to $60 for your own kit.

The wait on renting the kit is 5 weeks... The back order on the dynasystems die is 5 weeks.

Hope that helps

How much does the kit cost to rent?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 1/2X28 threading kit that I used for my SAR 2 that includes the die, handle and alignment tool. You'll need this thread pitch for a 22mm thread adapter if you intend to put a brake on your SAR 2. I can loan it to you for whatever wjm is renting his for. E-mail me at [email protected].  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#7]
it is a real simple procedure - it took me a whole ten minutes from start to finish.
mp
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#8]
WJM rents for $15 by money order or $16 by paypal
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top