Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:21:18 PM EDT

Got around to putting my Romanian side folder on today. Looks great! It is a 2000 model. US parts are Ironwood pistol grip, front hand guard, RSA hammer/trigger/sear, US gas piston, and front slant brake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one on a SAR2.  Not the best looking stock, but very functional on my beater rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I put one on a SAR2.  Not the best looking stock, but very functional on my beater rifle.

I agree but most Soviet-bloc era stuff is & still manages to still look good - in an ugly sort of way.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
That's some really nice wood! I think the Romanian folders work well, I plan to get one more and add one of those TDI lowers

Mark
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
We need some details.

where did you get the stock?

how hard was it to put on?

how about a how-to?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking good!  I have put Romanian folders on my SAR 1 and 2, but in all honesty I prefer my FSE non folder.  However, SINCE I CAN, I have the folders on there for the time being.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We need some details.

where did you get the stock?

how hard was it to put on?

how about a how-to?

Thanks,

Badredfish

Got the stock set from www.ironwooddesigns.com It was very easy to put on. Pistol grip is just held by one screw. The upper handguard is the hardest only cause you must twist the wood on. Lift up the lever, remove gas tube and then there is a lever for the lower handguard (after you pull the cleaning rod out of course!) The wood is Walnut. I just went with some steel wool to smooth it out & then gave it an oiled finish. The original wood on it was that ugly Romanian stuff with dark brown stain. It just wasn't worth keeping plus the Ironwood is American made for 922 compliance.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top