Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 6:47:58 AM EDT
During the recent Russian school terrorist attack, I watched a lot news coverage on Fox News, etc. I was suprised at the number of AKM's being used by the local law enforcement / military.

While most of the AKM's I saw appeared to be in the hands of uniformed ( dark pants, light blue shirts ) police, I also saw some guys in camo holding wood-stocked / slant brake AKM's.

I guess it should be no suprise that police / national guard troops still use AKM's much in the same way that many police departments here in the states have govt supplied M16A1's, and older weapons.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It sees lots of use in chechnya.  It's sorta like how our forces still use the M14 when they get the chance, and I mean not just M21/25 sniper stuff either.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top