Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 7:11:12 PM EDT
Anyone got any positive or negative feedback on their AK rifles? Their prices are decent.
Any info is appreciated fellas!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
good dealers dont hesitate to buy from them
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent guns.  I sold a few last week.  Very nice OOW receiver (not Hessee/Vulcan or JOEKING) built with a Polish kit.  Very nice park finish and slant brake.  But beware of Atlantic Firearms-they pack like shit!!  Talk to the owner, Blaine Bunting and tell him you will buy only if he packs his damn rifles better.  All of the guns I ordered had broken through their packages.  On all of them, the front sight ears and the op rod handles had broke through their boxes.  On one, the op rod had come clear through the outside box and was mangled on asphalt.  Atlantic obviously does not give a shit how, or in what condition you receive  your guns.  There was no padding or peanuts in the box at all.   I will never buy from those assholes again.  But these are nice guns.  They are made by Vector Arms.  You can order directly from them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks AZ!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow!!  A lot of you have given me flack about what I said about Atlantic Arms.  I'm telling you exactly what happened  when I ordered from these jerk-offs!!  I'm not doing it to ruin their business, but I was pretty damn pissed that I had to eat a $500 rifle because there is no way anubody will buy it with the jacked-up op rod it has.  And yes-FedEx sucks.  We all know that.  But so should Blaine Bunting from Atlantic, and he should pack accordingly.  He could take lessons from those dudes at CMMG.  That dude knows how to pack so shit does not get messed up.  Maybe if enough people complain about Atlantic, he will pack things properly rather than just throwing stuff in a flimsy box and sending it out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Excellent guns.  I sold a few last week.  Very nice OOW receiver (not Hessee/Vulcan or JOEKING) built with a Polish kit.  Very nice park finish and slant brake.  But beware of Atlantic Firearms-they pack like shit!!  Talk to the owner, Blaine Bunting and tell him you will buy only if he packs his damn rifles better.  All of the guns I ordered had broken through their packages.  On all of them, the front sight ears and the op rod handles had broke through their boxes.  On one, the op rod had come clear through the outside box and was mangled on asphalt.  Atlantic obviously does not give a shit how, or in what condition you receive  your guns.  There was no padding or peanuts in the box at all.   I will never buy from those assholes again.  But these are nice guns.  They are made by Vector Arms.  You can order directly from them.

I ordered one thru my FFL, the packing  was awful,  the magizine that was included flopped around and scratched up the side of the reciever.

It is a very nicely built AK, but the packaging sucks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
See?  I was right!!!  You're right about the magazine-one of mine was scratched up somewhat on the sides of the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a WASR-10 a few months ago. It came inside two boxes, the first one being the factory box.  The factory boxes are shoddy, but that's why it came in a second box with packing.

Mags were individually wrapped in newspaper.

No complaints here.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I have emailed Blaine a few times and he has been always very responsive.  A lot more then I can say for some of the other gundealers out there. Has anyone tried to deal with Toad?  I just ordered a couple of rifles so we will see what arrives.  But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I read AZ's original review post, and I don't think it was 'nasty'.  It had some positives, some negatives.  Actually, after reading it, I was more inclined to purchase one.

take care,
Tec
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top