Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 12:59:18 PM EDT
Just received my polish kit from Military Gun Supply out of Ft. Worth.  The barrel is totallyrusted out!  When I called them before ordering, they told me the kits were in good shape, had matching numbers and the barrels were fine.  After trying to clean the barrel out, it still has "rusticles" hanging from the inside and severe pitting.  Now they want to charge me a 20% restocking fee when I send it back.  Am I the only only this has happened to?  I asked about an exchange and the guy said my barrel was representative of all their kits in stock.  By the way, the numbers did match.

-vato
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info.  I called FAC a few days ago & they said that they are out of PMKMS kits for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
that blows big time
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
It sure does blow!  But I just hate getting treated like a chump, when I am clearly  "right".  By the way, when the receivers were cut, they cut part of the rear trunnion off right though the rivets.  I can take digital pics, just don't know how to post them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Vato, if you take pictures, I can host them and post them! All you have to do is e-mail them to me. Contact me via IM and we'll sort it out and get some pictures up!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117737&pagenumber=2

apparently underfolder kits are't the bad kits.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, that's too bad.  It's also the FIRST bad one I've read about or heard about.  I've had 3 and am down to 2.  ALL were PRISTINE.  

I would dispute those charges like a MO-FO.  

Good Luck.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks, I've purchased items from militarygunsupply.com many times (mostly magazines) and have been treated excellently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
EHilderbrand,

IM sent don't know if it went through.  Photos have been taken, ready to post when you are.
-vato
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently bought several of the Polish rifles built up with the OOW receiver from Vector Arms / Atlantic and the barrels look absolutely new.   ell those sons of bitches that if they lied about their shit, regardless of "matching numbers" then they should take it back.   Tell them you are posting  here  and are going to let us all know the outcome of their shady practices.  Assholes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered  polish underfolder kit from them.. barrel and bolt looked good. Not sure about the carrier yet, since I can't seem to get the gas piston off of it. Its loose enough to wiggle, but will not turn at all. The rest of it looks like a cobbled together kit of like 4 or 5 different rifles. The recievers finish looks nothing like the stock or cover. The stock is what bothers me the most, since it looks HORRIBLE. It works, but looks really bad, so this is probably going to get refinished. Oh and the furniture didn't match. The top handguard is a brown plastic, and the bottom is a worn wood. The pistol grip is plastic as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not sure about the carrier yet, since I can't seem to get the gas piston off of it. Its loose enough to wiggle, but will not turn at all.

Did ya take the pin out before you tried to unscrew it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I ordered some C&R stuff it came through ok.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#15]
If you paid by CC deny the charges. Thet will fix them good! I had the same thing happen with Florida Gun Works. I denied the charges and stuck it to them like they tried to stick it to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I just talked to the credit card co..  The man I talked to in the "disputed" claims dept.  seemed to have reasonable knowledge about guns.  I couldn't believe it.   Anyways, he said the company will definitely help me out.   This is the first time in many a year that I have been "taken".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:27:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope it works out for you, By the Way, I have a PKMKS kit that has been assembled and I'm waiting for the 13/14th of sept. to pick it up. (cause the folder is functional).
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope you paid with a credit card. If you did, explain to you CC company that you got ripped off and they won't pay them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#19]
The following pictures were taken by vatolocal of the PMKMS kit he recieved. I just cropped and brightened them up..alot.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#20]
'vatolocal':

From your description of the kit you received, and the pics posted, it looks like this kit is one that came from the recent importation from Israel of PLO-captured rifles. There was another batch of Polish underfolder kits that was sourced from Global Trades. The Global Trades sourced kits are in excellent condition and properly demilled. The Polish kits from the Israeli source have received quite a few negative reviews as to condition.
As far as I know, no commercial reseller has more available inventory of the Global Trade sourced kits, but I'm sure the kits are available on an individual basis on buy-and-sell boards.

Harlan
FAC
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I am glad the pics are finally up to show everbody the condition my kit was in. (thanks EHilderbrand) That makes sense if these are PLO kits.(alot of garbage)  I guess I'll have to do what Harlan said and check the boards and EE for someone willing to part with one of their babies.    I guess this has been a lesson for me.  Bottom line, you snooze, you loose.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
You could buy one of the atlantic firearms builds on these.. I think someone said they are built on Vector receivers? Reviews have been good.

About the kit, my kits furniture and underfolder looked alot like that. But, the barrel and receiver stub look really nice. The top cover doesnt look quite as bad as yours.

EODINERT: The pin is soo flush in the carrier I cant even snag a finger nail on it on other side.. Is there any tricks for getting it out?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#23]
That sure looks like that P.O.S PLO kit I received from the SG.  Hey, at least you got your folder!  Mine didn't even have that.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Ouch...  what did that cost you?  That is so bad that I am not sure it would even be worth using to build a cut-a-way model much less one I wanted to shoot!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Total cost about $165.00    Roughly $150 for the kit and $15 for shipping.   I should have bought the Global Trades perfect kit at $159  when they had em.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Total cost about $165.00    Roughly $150 for the kit and $15 for shipping.   I should have bought the Global Trades perfect kit at $159  when they had em.

Ditto on that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, and to think my kit was like new....

Go direct with Global for these kits.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:22:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a twin to the POS I got from centerfire systems. Looks like the same trained monkey did the crappy demil on it too. My barrel cleaned up a little but the gas block was just as rusted as yours. At least yours has more of the rear trunnion than mine did as it was chopped up till the second rivet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#30]
From what I have been told, there were 3,000 AK kits imported by an importer in MN . About 150 of the best were grabbed by an associate of the importer. These were the kits selling on the auction sites. Then, the rest were sold to the large discount mail order places.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top