Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 3:05:14 PM EDT
I am prepping everthing for a Saiga - 12 conversion once the AWB sunsets.  I just need to get all my US compliant parts.  I am wanting to convert the gas piston now....   My saiga gas piston is right at 4" long and looks to be identical to my AK gas piston in diameter.

If you know anyone who has experience with turning AK gas pistons please let me know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You know.. Here is a thought, and I hope others comment on it, but IIRC the 89 import restriction labels "Assualt Rifles".. If it does in fact only list rifles, then the parts count will not pertain to your Saiga as it is a shotgun...

Please someone correct me if I am wrong...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry Coltshorty,  been doing my homework on this one for awhile.  Thats why I am looking fo someone that is setup to make AK style gas pistons....

Section 922(r), of Title 18, U.S.C. prohibits assembly of certain semiautomatic rifles from imported parts. The implementing regulations in Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) section 178.39(a), provide that no person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under section 925(d) (3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes. Please see the enclosed brochure for a list of the 20 parts in paragraph (c) (27 CFR 178.39(c)).

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Nevermind I found someone...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering who you found.

Thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top