Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:28:43 PM EDT
Specifically, the black ones.  I know they are marked with different numbers, but is one better than the other?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]

They are pretty much all the same. If they are rarer they go for a dollar or two more, that's all. Some are different colors, so look at the pictures close.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
collectibility is the difference. they are all 100% reliable.

The reliability of the Kvar mags is not guaranteed. I have approximately 30 various k-var AK-74 mags, they work in some AK's, and they don't in others.

That is not to say they cant be modified or altered to work correctly, it is a buyer beware issue. I have also heard that some of the K-var AK mags are seconds.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
collectibility is the difference. they are all 100% reliable.

The reliability of the Kvar mags is not guaranteed. I have approximately 30 various k-var AK-74 mags, they work in some AK's, and they don't in others.

That is not to say they cant be modified or altered to work correctly, it is a buyer beware issue. I have also heard that some of the K-var AK mags are seconds.

Is there any way of telling if you have seconds?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#5]

I bought so many AK mags from K-Var they send me a letter asking me for my dealer info

If any of them are seconds I can't tell. Still, I didn't  buy them all so let the recipients of the seconds speak up and post pictures if it is a big deal.  It takes alot to trash an AK mag, cosmetics aside.

The only issue with them is the Bulgarian mags are slightly oversize, probably on purpose. So they might be hard to insert into your rifle the first 10 times, as the magazine well scraps away excess soft plastic.  Once you do this they are fine and are mated to your rifle.

East German orange mags are hard plastic and fit a bit looser, so you don't get any shavings.

Both types are good mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top