[#2]
Good Greif! Thats alot of toys...
Just sad that these are all going for a scrapper
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
DAMN!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Why would freight be coming into Eglin AFB?
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
F%&@ing U.P.S.!!!!! No wonder my tracking number was'nt working???I said next day air!!!Not Air Force Base!!!HA
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It may have been some enterprising young troop wanting to start his own import/export company.

KF
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, private! These yours?

But Sir, I am a Captain.

You're a Private now son!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry Guys,my Big Surprise for your Christmas presents this year has met a set back........uh,gotta go.........bye!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
whoa!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
DAMN!

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of that good stuff for my collection, especially some of those Iraqi and Romanian bayonets. A few RPK stocks sets would be nice too...

I wonder what they will end up doing with all of that stuff. I'd guess that they will probably end up keeping some of the AK's for "reference".

Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Damned fine collection!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Elgin AFB  has a nice armaments museums.  I'd bet ya that's where some of this stuff is headed.

SB
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn!  Thats some nice stuff going to the furnace.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, looks like some military boys were trying to ship home war-trophies. Notice the MRE cases used to pack some of the stuff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Campy,
Well said!
This crate and its contents reminds of the 'Amnesty Box' set up at Camp 15 near Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia during out exit of GW1. Its about the same height but the one at Camp 15 was about twice as long and thus twice as big. We were warned that if Customs caught anyone with anything that the entire flight would be held back (i.e., no go home as planned) and searched. Apparently some guys got the bright idea to start with similar items but included some ears, yes, I said ears, hand grenades, etc etc use your imagination.
The last few weeks during our exit, folks were dumping their 'war trophies' in the amenesty box after obvious second thoughts. On the way back from chow we'd walk deliberately close to it and peek in on our way by everyday, you know just to see :) . It started out with bayonets, rounds (arty and firearm), then the big stuff started showing up...rifles (SA, bolts), RPG's, more grenades and assembled....we found boocoo chinese grenades but mostly unassembled.  Some idiots were assembling the F'n things and packin them around.  We were warned about how unstable the Chinese crap was but again most of the fuses were seperate from the frag end of it. After seeing a few too many of those we decided on not walking to close to that wood box anymore as it was startng to fill up. In the last couple of days we were there it was getting full. Someone even drove up to it and unhitched a AA Gun, the kind you tow behind a truck with a seat, 4 barrels, 4 ammo cans, shoulder brace with traversing wheels...the damn thing was in working order with ammo!!  Somebody obviously had this on the back of their HMMWV or CUCV for awhile because we were miles from Kuwait. This dont surprise me but I have to admit this was f'n ballsy.  Anyone here remember the box at Camp 15?
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Someone even drove up to it and unhitched a AA Gun, the kind you tow behind a truck with a seat, 4 barrels, 4 ammo cans, shoulder brace with traversing wheels...the damn thing was in working order with ammo!!  Somebody obviously had this on the back of their HMMWV or CUCV for awhile because we were miles from Kuwait. This dont surprise me but I have to admit this was f'n ballsy.  Anyone here remember the box at Camp 15?

Holy crap!
I'd have spent the 10 minutes and written up a war-trophy/bring-back form for that one!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#20]
It's really sad we can't have all those goodies that you can just buy off the street in a every third world shithole for less than the price of a tax stamp.

Wow, that's a helluva load of bayonets. Someone stocking up for the end of the AWB?
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#21]
In a free country, there would be nothing wrong with what these troopers did!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Something this big must have had a couple of guys pitchin in.  Photos like this make we wonder about the ones that "get away".  Must be a helluva lot of stuff coming back that isn't caught.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
a friend of mine was based near kandahar. him and a bud each bought a t54 tank from the locals. he had several dshk's in his stash, also.

sadly, it was all left behind.

Dad related to me that his SeaBee Batt had to ditch a couple of deuce & half trucks worth of stuff.  Dad himself had a M1 garand sniper rifle he horsetraded before he came home....couldn't bring it back because the serial # was too high (still "US property" or something like that).
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#24]
At least the terrorists scumbags(or what the media would call "freedom fighters") can't use it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#25]
hey roosy, u got sum splainin ta do
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#26]
A couple of questions I have.... What would be the point of field stripping everything if you were going to ship it in the same box? I wonder how high up chain this went? I can't believe a couple of enlisted guys would be that stupid to do such a thing. I'm assuming someone will serve time over the FA stuff. Shows what happens when someone gets greedy.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone even drove up to it and unhitched a AA Gun, the kind you tow behind a truck with a seat, 4 barrels, 4 ammo cans, shoulder brace with traversing wheels...the damn thing was in working order with ammo!!  Somebody obviously had this on the back of their HMMWV or CUCV for awhile because we were miles from Kuwait. This dont surprise me but I have to admit this was f'n ballsy.  Anyone here remember the box at Camp 15?

Holy crap!
I'd have spent the 10 minutes and written up a war-trophy/bring-back form for that one!

Actually at this point we were really jones'n to get on that freedom bird and get home.
Thats not the whole of it though.  We also found every sort of vehicle, military and civilian that were left behind from the F'n cowards that hauled butt and left them running. I know several guys who were driving around Mercedes Benz and even tanks until they realized it probably wasn't a good idea to be operating a T-55 in the area :D
We captured alot of vehicles, APC and tanks that were in running order along with tons of ordnance and lots of stuff still in cosmolene. :P  At the time we never realized there was such a thing as a War Trophy option however our unit did get one of the AA Guns. Its sitting out in front of it now, decommisioned and bolted to a concrete footing :)
Q
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Airman Basic who?!!!!!!   Just Stupid.

Let me inquire.....
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Damn.  Just damn.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
In a free country, there would be nothing wrong with what these troopers did!!!

Gots nothin to do with it. The unauthorized taking of war booty is against the Geneva Convention & UCMJ.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Were those bolt action rifles Lee Enfields??

It really, truly is a shame that our boys can't bring home whatever trophies they want for risking their necks over there :(
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#32]
An ISU90 filled with metal commo boxes would of been better cover then a wood crate.......
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
a friend of mine was based near kandahar. him and a bud each bought a t54 tank from the locals. he had several dshk's in his stash, also.

sadly, it was all left behind.

yeah, but he HAD and tank of his own :)
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I heard "Stories" about stripped AK's in 5 ton fuel tanks....also connex boxes w/ booty behind plywood walls....all unconfirmned mind you.

Link Posted: 4/6/2004 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#35]

The UCMJ is a violation of constitutional rights to begin with.  In a free country, all citizens would have the rights recognized by the constitution.

Assuming these goods were not stolen, they are now-- stolen by the federal government.

Link Posted: 4/6/2004 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#36]

You can't support liberty and a standing army-- they are in opposition. The military is not trained to defend the constitution, though they take an oath to. OTherwise they would have taken care of some of the treasonous "enemies... domestic", like their commander in cheif.

You're comment is way out of line.  Take your political statements somewhere else.  I don't care to hear them in my thread.

KF
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The UCMJ is a violation of constitutional rights to begin with.  In a free country, all citizens would have the rights recognized by the constitution.

Assuming these goods were not stolen, they are now-- stolen by the federal government.

Perhaps you should READ the Constitution. Article I, Section 8: "The Congress shall have power... To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and Naval forces."

Military law has ALWAYS been different and more restrictive than what applies to civilians, even when the Founders were still alive.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Believe it or not, I think I met one of the guys invloved here... At least I'm 99% sure he's involved with this haul... I got to fondle a pair of AKs brought in from Iraq (also stripped to receiver/barrel only).  

Now I don't know any names, I wouldn't know how to get in touch with him, I even forgot what he looked like ( I think he was either white or black or Samoan).  But, I will say I had no burning desire to report him to anyone anyway.  He's a soldier.  He and his friends got hold of some damn nice souveniers.  And it is my belief that all of us as FREE AMERICANS should be allowed to own such.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#39]
In a depature from conventional wisdom, i think we should be more liek europeans. The Swiss, to be exact. A machine gun in every home, with citizens capable of using them.

that box right there would make a good start.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Somebody has better group buys than we do!
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#41]
What a series of truly mouth watering photos.The posibilities.........A truly "Special ED Ak"....or...a truly "Special Ed RPK."Hmmmmmmmm....RPKs..bayonetts galore...what a stash.Like looking at a lotto tickety that was one number off the grand prize..........nice try.Why is the shit all taken appart though?
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#42]
RPGs, Landmines, RPKs, AKs. And Enfields?!
It could only be trophies. Why else would anyone include Enfields?

Link Posted: 4/7/2004 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Look at the shipping label - it's addressed to Ted Kennedy!

Link Posted: 4/7/2004 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#44]
....Still trying to get some gouge on it....could just be they were taken apart to be made into "Training aids" (barrels plugged, trigger group welded) and the paperwork wasn't done right....you can't tell from the pictures...and with The US EOD School located at Eglin, I'm not sure even Customs would (apparently) casually lay out mines and RPGs if not empty.

I went through the legal drill in Gulf I to bring back some for display , etc. in the squadron.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#45]
What's the big deal?  That's just one of our local gun shows.  They're always like that.

Link Posted: 4/7/2004 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#46]
So what exactly do you have to fill out forms for, to import?   I see large but spent tank shells, seats, bayonettes.  Are they banned from import with out permission?  What about wooden furniture?  

Link Posted: 4/7/2004 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Somebody has better group buys than we do!

CCA probably didn't handle that GB.

Link Posted: 4/7/2004 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, sports fans….here I was: trying to give undeserved “IQ Credit”, where it wasn’t due.   I talked to my Eglin source: It is exactly as stupid as it looks, and then some (considering the ranks of those involved)(“O” and “E” both), I’m ashamed to say…….what was that about “News at 10, over to you Dan”?

My advise? Buy paper company stock: by the time the system is done with them, you will be able to walk feet-dry to Cuba, if laid out in the Gulf…..

BTW: Lots of innocent people pushed, bumped, nudged and shipped that crate, by air (with lots of troops on the same plane?) or sea, then ground. Just great, Commie-Pact explosives found melting in a desert…..Morons.
Link Posted: 4/7/2004 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#49]
What is the big deal??? All I see is a box full of pieces of wood and metal... no firearms here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2004 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top