Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 11:14:03 PM EDT
New, more like virgin to AKs.  Was doing some research and I liked the look of the all black synthetic AKs.  Well I went with my friend to fire off his new S&W 500 hand cannon.  Next to us was 2 guys with exactly what I wanted in an AK.  It did not have a last round hold open and at one point they hammered it a little but it still kept on going.  Is this normal?  Or is this an early or rough AK?  

P.S.  The S&W 500 is the only hand gun that actually hurt firing it.  Do not buy one unless you are a manly man of men and have money to burn on really expensive rounds.  It was fun though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#1]
AKs do not have a last round hold open feature.  My thumb learned that the hard way while I was cleaning my AK for the first time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
And Blackjack sells a bolt hold open follower for Chinese magazines. It works similar to the Yugo magazines.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I have some Chinese mags that have a hump in the follower of the mag. that serve to hold the bolt open. It is a pretty jerry rigged way of doing it, but it works.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]
While most of us are comfortable with a BHO, I have given it much thought and decided that it is not a big deal to go without one.  Here is my reasoning.  If you have a malfunction, the first thing you do is to check and see if your mag is inserted correctly.  The next thing you do is jack the action and out with the bad and in with good.  Not having a BHO simplifies the manual of arms when doing a mag a change.  Drop the mag, slap another in and jack the bolt.  Almost the same as an imediate action drill.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top