Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 4:53:23 PM EDT
I understand this is an AK board, but there's no provision for these and I'd like to share a few pics of my SBS with ya.

The CPS machined into the side of the receiver is for Child Protective Services.

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Whoa...

How do shotguns like that shoot? I've never fired one with that short a barrel, or really anything close to it.  

I'm curious.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
CPS needs guns?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Of course they do...didn't you see the pics of them taking Elian Gonzalez with MP5's at the ready?:)  You should SEE some of the bitemarks those kids can inflict!

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The CPS on the side of that shotgun is just a bit of a sick joke, but it is funny.

As far as how it shoots, well if you’re within a few feet of your target you’ll do fine, otherwise you’re just going to scare the crap out of someone. I have shot skeet with it before, best score with it was a 17; the number 3, 4 and 5 stations are a bitch, 8 is a cinch though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I find a different sick joke of irony in that. I was thinking of a CPS worker using one of those on some of the deadbeat parents they have to visit or call the law on. My wife took a course in Child abuse while attaining her degree in criminal science. She brought home transcripts from recent CPS reports and some of them made me f*cking sick. Sick enough to carry something like that around with me and stick in the gut of the pimping mothers or childbeating fathers who have done shit to thier own children. I could never work for CPS, I would most definately hurt a parent or two in no time at all. Im going to show my wife this pic, she'll get a laugh out of it too for the same reason.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of stock you got there?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a Butler Creek stock.  Schweet, very classy looking JTR!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe the stock is Butler Creek, I’ll get it out tomorrow and check.

Thanks for the comment Mike.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Wicked looking.

I like the reference to "CPS"

With the rash of recent child beatings, kidnappings, murders, etc. I can think of half a dozen people needing some behavioral modification courtesy of your CPS.

KF
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
870?

yep
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
870?

yep

Is there anything else?  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#14]
hmm reminds me of the SERBU extremely short barreled shotgun
must be like a grenade going off in your hand
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Other than being LOUD, it’s not too bad; it gets a lot of attention at the skeet range. I’m left handed so the only real drawback is having the stock hinge hit my in the schnoz (it only happened once, kinda like an M1 thumb) that and you can’t let your hand slip off the foreend when pumping and shooting.

The SERBU is much smaller and compact; I just cut the barrel off this one.

If you’re into that whole hand grenade effect, check out the S&W 360 Scandium with 125gr 357 Mag loads.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
870?

yep

Is there anything else?  

yep - Bennelli M1S90 Entry...
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Campy -
870s are like 10/22s for me, I 'collect' them.
I have four of them, in different configurations.

I have a pre-ban Benelli, but it just sits in the gun cabinet. I ran one box of shells through it the day I bought it, then cleaned it up and put it away. It hasn't left the house since that day.

I also have my grandfather's old Model 12, and that is one gun that is priceless to me.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
....my next shotgun will be a Benelli...A Super Black Eagle ....3.5"....my bank account got busted this season having to outfit another hunter head to toe...including gun.

...talk about attention on the trap range...
billstclair.com/blog/ss3s.jpg

Oh my GAWD, Jeepcreep!  That sure would look sweet in a hip holster...quick draw hip holster...

Besides my Benneli Entry I also have an Ithaca Stakeout (12g M37 14") but it's not pretty like JTR's job.  I started looking at those Mossberg Mariner SBS, I grew up on Mossbergs so that and the SS look is tugging on my soul.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
....my next shotgun will be a Benelli...A Super Black Eagle ....3.5"....my bank account got busted this season having to outfit another hunter head to toe...including gun.

Jeepcreep:  You sure that picture is a Benelli?

That's the same picture Serbu has on his webpage (www.serbu.com/shorty.htm), and claims it's a Mossberg Maverick.

Just curious, because I have this infatuation with Benelli - was curious if they made an itty-bitty, or someone did that to Benelli's as well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
my model 12 and i were were made in the same year.

i can opine that the actions on the model 12 were the best ever build on a pump action scattergun.

a friend has one that was breathed on by grant dick. so smooth that i cannot imagine anything better being possible.

Right on Bob.  The Model 12 is the Holy Grail of shotguns IMHO. Not only good when set up for civilized endevors, but equally good when shortened up for doing the deed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:18:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeepcreep:  You sure that picture is a Benelli?

That's the same picture Serbu has on his webpage (www.serbu.com/shorty.htm), and claims it's a Mossberg Maverick.

Just curious, because I have this infatuation with Benelli - was curious if they made an itty-bitty, or someone did that to Benelli's as well.

It most definitely is not a Benelli.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top