Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 2:40:03 PM EDT
I took my two MAK90's out today and shot 'em, about 75 rounds in one, and 45 in the other.  Afterwards, when cleaning them, I noticed scratches inside the dust cover on both of them, I just never noticed before.
After I noticed that, I got to examining both rifles, and kinda noticed that the hammer wear* tends to be more from the right of the hammer out towards the middle, with a minute fraction on the left side (looking down into the gun) with out wear-as I was noticing this I noted on both of them a sight play on the hammer pins (correct terminology?) as they can be very very slightly pushed back and forth.  I dug out my old Romainian AK and noticed slight play on it too, at the hammer pins.
Like I said the guns shot fine, is this a problem?  I'm comparing these guns to my SA M7 which may not be a fair comparison......thanks in advance for any replys.
*By hammer wear I mean where the finish is rubbed off....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
nothing to concern yourself about.

kalashnikovs are not built perfectly square and parallel, thus, there is usually some uneven contact on the internal parts as the forces at work within the rifle equalize, steel against steel.

the carrier assembly has a natuaral rocking motion (tipping nose up and nose down) as the firing cycle puts everything in motion.

the average kalashnikov is not a highly refined machine. it has relatively large internal clearances that allow the sliding and rotating parts to twist and deviate from a perfect path of movement with absolutely no ill effect on the reliability of the firearm.

The loose tolerances of the AK actually make it the reliable weapon it is,they work in every environment from extreme hot to extreme cold.Also,the pins are held in place by the shepards hook so its not necessary for the holes to be tight.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top