Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 7:10:51 PM EDT
No way.   Not gonna do it.  I got good reasons too.  never.  No way.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
More for me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Your loss, I guess. I mean, there are reasons why Combloc stuff has become so widespread (apart from ex-Soviet aid to satelites)- they are simpler, cheaper, and much more reliable (though a bit more rough around the edges) than your average western designs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh uh.  No way.  Can't do it.  Got GOOOOD reasons too.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't buy made in the U.S.A

I'll take Sako, CZ, Baikal, Benelli.

Oh, and my AKs are Romanian... And one of these days I hope to add a Valmet.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope.  They're just like Lays potato chips.

Uh uh.   Can't do it.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
HEY, I'LL TAKE THE BAIT!

Why don't you enlighten us as to your GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD reasons?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#8]
What's wrong with Lays? My favorite!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HEY, I'LL TAKE THE BAIT!

Why don't you enlighten us as to your GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD reasons?

Thanks!!

Cause I don't have room for another (*&^*&( SAFE!!!!

So, if I don't buy the first one then I don't have to have them ALL.  Simple.

BTW, I saw a bunch of Romanian AK47s (I think, commbloc terminology is something I'm not up on) for $350 each.  Is that considered a good price?  They all had light blond wood and  seemed low mileage.

Just curious.  I can't get one that would be like taking the first Lays potato chip.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel cheated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Not Lay's, Pringles - once you pop, you can't stop!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Awwww, c'mon.  Stoppin' ain't all that hard.  It's kinda like drugs actually.  You jus' gotta hit rock bottom first!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Just yanking some chains.

So far I have resisted any and all commbloc specifically because I will have to get them all including a FA variant.  I just can't afford the $$ or space.

But some of those AKs do look tempting from time to time.  

But no, then I would also have to stock a new caliber ammo.  NO NO NO.

Would you believe I never even fired a commbloc?   Not even and SKS or anything.  Weird when I consider how many times I've been at the range or meets for shooting.  Gotta fix that.  Maybe if I shoot one I'll really hate it and then there won't be any temptation.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, as far as the "Betcha can't eat just one" deal goes, here's a funny read about that:

www.enduringvision.com/archives/man_takes_lays.htm
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry.  I meant to stay and learn more about this stuff but my wife just got home and wants to go out.  Since she lets me buy any toys I want, when she says go have drink I go.

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just yanking some chains.

So far I have resisted any and all commbloc specifically because I will have to get them all including a FA variant.  I just can't afford the $$ or space.

But some of those AKs do look tempting from time to time.  

But no, then I would also have to stock a new caliber ammo.  NO NO NO.

Would you believe I never even fired a commbloc?   Not even and SKS or anything.  Weird when I consider how many times I've been at the range or meets for shooting.  Gotta fix that.  Maybe if I shoot one I'll really hate it and then there won't be any temptation.

Eh, bad plan.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, bad plan.  If you are really serious about not getting into these firearms, then you do not want to shoot them.

Yes, the sights are generally poor.  Yes, they do not give you match grade accuracy.  But the fun quotient is unbeatable, especially for the price.  The first time I shot a Chicom SKS, I was in trouble.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
AZ huh?  Which part?  Maybe you could shoot my SAR-1.  Let you bump fire a drum .

That might cure you. I'm sure you'll hate it
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Come to the Casa Grande shoot on the 3rd and I'll let you shoot my Drag. Frickin thing couldn't hit the broad side of Rosanne Barr and looks like a POS. www.dragunov.net/ndm86.html

CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#20]
No way. Not gonna do it. I got good reasons too. never. No way.

I assume you're talking the Communist funding of the DNC?

SD
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Come to the Casa Grande shoot on the 3rd and I'll let you shoot my Drag. Frickin thing couldn't hit the broad side of Rosanne Barr and looks like a POS. www.dragunov.net/ndm86.html

CW

Thats no good.  Ya gotta shoot something totally inaccurate so when you miss you can blame the rifle.  You just aren't thinking.

Nice rifle BTW.  I am curious if the commbloc caliber is offered in "match"  grade.  Would be a waste to have all that tech in a rifle and no good quality ammo.

Yeah, I am sorta planning on being at the Casa Grande shoot on the 3rd.  50% right now.  Gonna bring my MP5 and M16(s) to it if I go.  Well, maybe not the 9mm M16 since it never freeking works.  The 223 Commando has never malf'ed in any way.  Do you know if tracers are allowed?  

Is there a primer/FAQ here that describes the different models and varients of commbloc stuff?  I probably really won't buy one but I am tired of hearing all this stuff and being clueless as to the differences.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Ballreich's from Tiffin, Ohio is all you need to know about potato chips.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
i could stop buying ak's any time i felt like it!

i just don't feel like stopping right now.

SEE SEE.  I knew it.  These things are  dangerous.  They are just as addictive as ARs.  And look where that ended.  

Think about it.  There are probably MORE variants of the commbloc weapons than AR15s.

THINK about the horro of it.  

(sigh)  You guys just don't understand it.  You are like pushers at the playground.  Some candy little boy?  Free sample.  Then the kid is hooked on chocolate for life (or ballreich's chips).

I gotta stay firm.

So anyway, did anyone say what the reasonable going rate for a Romanian AK47 is?  And I don't have a clue as to preban/postban stuff for commie stuff.  Is that PC to call it commie stuff or am I gonna get banned from here (only after someone kicks my butt no doubt for bad comedy).

Hey, anyone going to the Jan 3 shoot I would like to look at and understand these things better.

And AZ-AR I would like to try that AK.  Let ya shoot my MP5 in trade.

Cheers
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
SEE SEE.  I knew it.  These things are  dangerous.  They are just as addictive as ARs.  And look where that ended.  

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15103

What's the story on the oldschool AR with "RPD 1" on the stock?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

Thats no good.  Ya gotta shoot something totally inaccurate so when you miss you can blame the rifle.  You just aren't thinking.

Nice rifle BTW.  I am curious if the commbloc caliber is offered in "match"  grade.  Would be a waste to have all that tech in a rifle and no good quality ammo.

Yeah, I am sorta planning on being at the Casa Grande shoot on the 3rd.  50% right now.  Gonna bring my MP5 and M16(s) to it if I go.  Well, maybe not the 9mm M16 since it never freeking works.  The 223 Commando has never malf'ed in any way.  Do you know if tracers are allowed?  

Is there a primer/FAQ here that describes the different models and varients of commbloc stuff?  I probably really won't buy one but I am tired of hearing all this stuff and being clueless as to the differences.

Don't have a clue. I'm a newbie to the AZ crowd.

CW
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My pride and joy.  M16A1.  Roanoke Police Department rifle (RPD).  

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My pride and joy.  M16A1.  Roanoke Police Department rifle (RPD).  

SWEET!  Figured it might be something like that.  In the box full of used M16 stocks (no trap-door) I bought (cheap) for my AR project there's one that has an armory # stenciled on both sides and a #tape along the top.  At first I was just going to refinish all the stocks with AlumnaHyde flat black but I'm seriously considering leaving this one as is & use it on my project for that retro well used/broken in ANG issue look.    
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:21:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Actually, I still have all those parts (in storage) but the M16 looks a tad different today.

This is the one I was complaining about problems with.   I can not get the 9mm system to function reliably.  I am close.  The mag well adapter is a problem but I will resolve this year.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top