Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/7/2003 4:07:37 PM EDT
I got this idea from Paul Gomez at www.opstraining.com. I bought a set of those E. German night sights that clip onto the front and rear sights. They don't really glow in the dark anymore unless you leave them under a light for a couple of minutes but they work best during the daylight for faster sight aquisition. The rear sight has a much bigger notch with a dot and lines underneath it. The front sight clips on the front sight tower and slides up onto the top of the front sight post. It' very similar to the Ashley Big Dot front sight. I can't tell you what a difference it makes in picking up the sights and target easier. They're easily removeable and the best part is they only set me back $5.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
  Good idea  Redbone.

How secure sre those clip on sights?  Will
they take some banging around and not fall off or
get knocked out of alignment?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
www.mojosights.com/
I need to try a tandem set on one of my bolt guns.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you purchase them from?

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:46:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately my eyes are 29 years old but don't like the stock sights.These sights are held on pretty good. I squeezed them a bit with some pliers to get them a little tighter. I bought mine from Global Trades for $5.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I second the mojo site.  Also as a cheap fix a little white out ( thank you Mrs. Nesmith ) works wonders on the top of the front site post.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a mojo on my first SAR-1 and liked it but peep sights really need to be closer to my eyes to work for me. Another alterative is to have  mojo cut the top off their sight an install a Ashley big dot AR15 front sight by way of ACE's AR/AK front sight drum. The 2 sights line up perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Correct me if I am wrong.  And I know some of you guys will.

But, I thought I read were putting on the night sights violated the '94 crime bill.

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish they'd make the Express Sights for the AK.

My eyes are still 20/20 at age 33, but lighting plays hell with me finding the front sight on my AK sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I can definately see the advantage for close in work...How do the sights do at longer range? Can you paint the dots with luminous paint and "reactivate" them? Just wondering because I have contemplated getting some of these. This looks like a way cheaper option than a Kobra red dot sight. If I put a PSO-1 scope on the scoperail will I still be able to use the larger E German snap on sights? Thanks for the post and I appreciate any replies...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Correct me if I am wrong.  And I know some of you guys will.

But, I thought I read were putting on the night sights violated the '94 crime bill.

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Hmm, I thought that was a violation of the '89 ban.  

(then again "night sights" that have less "glow in the dark" stuff than a new cracker-jacks box toy really shouldn't count, should they?)
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I suppose you could add luminous paint to these. I bought them for day work so I don't mind that they don't really glow. I tried them at the range yesterday and I needed to re-sight in the rifle after they were added. I know there's instructions for them sold somewhere that may have an easier way I don't shoot over 100m so they work fine for me.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top