Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 8:02:10 AM EDT
I'm an AK newbie that has caught AK-fever pretty bad.  I have a SAR-2 that I love, and I really want a Krinkov/AK-74U next.

Can anyone recommend a company that sells post-ban Krinkovs (complete guns, not kits), complete with fake suppressor?  I've heard about Ohio Rapid Fire, but I don't know much about them and I'm not sure what receiver/parts they use. Krebs Custom has also been recommended to me, but Krebs' guns are expensive and take 8-10 weeks to build (I can't wait that long--I want before Xmas!).  

Any suggestions, recommendations, or advice are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Will
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Rapid Fire has Krinkovs in stock for immediate delivery.

They use KVAR kits, Ohio Ordnance Receivers, and either FSE or RSA FCGs.

KF
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I know how you feel Will.. i'm very impatient also.

btw, what's ohio rapid fires website?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know how you feel Will.. i'm very impatient also.

btw, what's ohio rapid fires website?

www.OhioRapidFire.com
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
at this ohio rapid fire site.. are the retail prices we pay for the rifle? 'cause if so these are too expensive..
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If you think the Krinkovs are too expensive retail, then recommend you purchase the parts and have it assembled:

Krinkov Kit = $400 plus shipping

US Parts for 922r = $75-$125

Labor for Assembly = $400-$450 plus shipping

Receiver = $60-$75 plus tax
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I took my SAR2 and turned it to a "Poor Man's Krinkov".  I bought parts here and there and had a local gunsmith put it together.  He was able to use the original barrel and fabricated a fake can.  Except for the trigger slap, I'm very satisfied with it. I'm saving up for a RSA FCG.  I'm going to borrow a digital camera and post some pics.

Booker
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Krinkfreak.  

Can anyone tell me about Ohio Ord. receivers (milled or stamped)?  I thought they just did the BAR and M1919s.  How is it marked (can't be marked AK-74 in my state)? Also, does Rapid Fire have a Manufacturing license?  My dealer told me that I shouldn't buy a parts gun from anyone that doesn't have a Mfr. license.

Thanks again.

Will  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:01:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ohio Rapid Fire is a licensed manufacturer.....and have been for many, many years.

The Ohio Ordnance Receiver is stamped and marked either "AK-47" or "AK-74" depending on the caliber of the receiver.

KF
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#9]
KF the OOW 7.62 receiver is marked MK99. The 5.45 is marked AK-74 though.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top