Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 2:52:40 AM EDT
Ive got a Mak-90 with a thumbhole stock and would like to put enough U.S. parts on it to put a regular pistol grip and stock on it.
  The rear of the reciever is cut at an angle and if i put a regular stock on there is an ugly gap at the bottom where the stock and reciever meet.  years ago I saw that someone made a metal gap filler for these rifles.
   Anyone know if they still make these and where I could get one?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude...
Go to Ace Ltd. and get a us made stock by them. They are a skeleton stock and look like a Galil or a FN Fal para stock.  I have one on my Bulgarian SLR 96.  I love it.
I dont have the web addy handy but go to google and search. Its easy to find.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
www.riflestocks.com

However, I don't really care for the bulky adapter between the rear of the receiver and the beginning of the buttstock......

KF
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it just milled MAK-90's that have that angle-cut?

My stamped MAK-90 is straight as can be...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I remember, they did it to both milled and stamped.

May want to consider having a machineshop manufacture you a piece to fill the gap.....

KF
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Befroe MAK-90 conversions were popular you had to make one yourself or pay  300$ for a kit. so heres one I made for the slant cut milled MAK it was abitch and a ball to make! but cool looking as hell!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top