Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2003 3:26:07 PM EDT
Also saw some mint Yugo SKS rifles with all the goodies....$149.95 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
How about the Garand????? And do they have any Maadi AKs??????
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't catch the price on the Garand while I was there....Everyone was busy either building or shipping....I just tried to stay out of the way!!

Didn't see any Maadi AKs, but I know Chuck had a line on one for sale from a local in the area.  I believe it's a Maadi RML.....he might pass on it...you may want to contact him if you are serious about buying one.

I have a Maadi RPM customized by InRange:

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my Yugo SKS about two weeks ago from Coal Creek Armory in Oak Ridge,TN for $165 tax and all! I regret having waited so long to order one!LOL Once I cleaned the ton of cosmoline that was on it, it looked really sweet! Cosmoline must be dirt cheap in Yugoslavia because the used a sh!tload of it...either that or they just wanted to really preserve these beauties for us!LOL I plan on keeping this rifle in my vehicle so that I'll always have one with me. One really cool thing about the rifle is that it has close range 3 dot flip up sights on it! I plan to put some luminous paint on the dots. I thought this was a really cool feature and had never seen them before on a SKS.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Makes me want another Yugo.

Pretty wood on the AK in the top picture too!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#6]
My $129.95 Yugo from AIM:

It arrived just over a week ago, and works perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I've spent all day today cleaning the cosmoline off of the Yugo I got from AIM yesterday.  Worst cosmoline I've ever seen, the receiver was so thick with it that I could barely pull the bolt back.  The hammer was so gummed up with it that pulling the trigger just kind of made it slosh forward slowly.  Gas system all plugged up,  I've had to disassemble it completely, even had to take apart the FCG assembly which took alot more brute force than I would have liked.  

I'll post a pic tonight after I get the barrel clean and put it all back together.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
YES! The Yugo SKS's are a great deal, perhaps the best ever in an SKS...however lets not forget the humble Yugo M-48 Mausers...they are equally excellent, and at $100 perhaps even a better deal! I own two, and both shoot extremely well, under 2" at 100yds off the bench with FN 198 gr ball ammo. What a deal in a cheap deer rifle! Very well made!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top