BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/14/2003 10:11:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

“People understand that assault weapons do not belong on the street,” said McCarthy spokesman Scott Rowson.

I couldn't agree with Scott more completely...

Firearms do not belong on the street.  They can be destroyed or rendered unusable when run over by cars or trucks.

Firearms belong in the hands of law-abiding citizens, who would use them to defend their country against all enemies foreign and domestic, as well as to protect their family and property.  

I advise all of you to take the time and email/write your state legislators ONCE A MONTH so they know how you feel.  We're only talking the cost of a stamp, and the paper/envelope to mail it......

KF
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
How many people die from drunk drivers every year?

Don't ban the car, ban the drunk!!!  

Too many lawmakers jump on the wagon just so they can get their 5 minutes of airtime.  
I despise them. >:(

But you all know how its gonna happen, you just wait and see....it will be like a month before the law expires and some crazy evil shooting will occur somewhere here in the states and the anti-gun asscracks will be all pointing their fingers and monopolizing the news to further advance their cause and steal away our rights.

Man im just a bundle of joy today! >:(
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
That's right.  We should keep it low profile.  

Since politicians are basically only interested in issues that people care about (people tend not to vote based on issues they don't care about) then by keeping it a low key issue we can ensure a lack of political interest.  

God I hate this stuff... this is an argument that shouldn't exist.  

Why do politicians on both sides have to suck so badly at arguing their points?  

The gun-control people are all about "feelings" and scaring people with the misleading face value of events, and not at all about facts.

Then again, too many pro-gun people go and shoot their mouths off and alienate those who are undecided.  

I'm convinced that the largest voting group in America is people who don't know what they want.  The easiest way to make them vote against you is to come off as at all "extreme"  
so the best thing to do is try and be the calmest, most calculating side of the debate.  

For once we need to let the gun-control people look like the whackos.  

So, my point being, go ahead and write your congress people, but whatever you do, don't make a scene!  You'll scare the sheep!

Sorry, I'm a little bitter in regards to this topic...
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent point.  But im still afraid that some idiot will mess things up for us all no matter how professional we are.

But the only way is to be active....write your congress people and tell them how you feel professionally, that is.

Remember...the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:48:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Notice that noone in the news is making any sort of deal out of the gun lawsuit bill.  The only ones making noise are the legislate from the bench brady bunch.  They have now had to go so far as to buy advertising space in major newspapers to get their word out.  This combined with the CDCs lack of finding benefit in such laws is going our way fast.  Slacking is however a potential disaster.  Most politicians are not idealogues, they are survivalists.  Politely let them know which way the wind blows and they will gladly ride the breeze.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Does this mean we can fart in their faces?  I'll give the brady politicians something to  breeze about, they certainly need to feel the wind. :)
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Historically,We [as Assault weapons Affectionero's]have always been the sacrificial lambs.[please pardon my spelling,I'm on mid-nights this week].
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top