Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 6:59:49 AM EDT
I just picked up a Maadi ARM AK imported by Intrac.  It has a folding stock and threaded muzzle.  The date under the sight is 1/94.

Two questions:

1.  Any chance it is a true pre-ban?  I have heard that all Intracs were post-bans.

2.  Would the folding stock and threaded muzzle come with the original gun or are they most likely add on?

I posted a similar thread yesterday but I went ahead deleted it because I didn't ask the right questions.

Any information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:10:41 AM EDT
[#1]
This rifle likely left the dealer with a thumbhole stock and muzzle nut spot welded on.

You should probably get a USA parts kit and put a conventional stock on it.
Put something on the muzzle and have it welded up again.

Alot of MAADI's were bent. Hope you got a straight one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This rifle likely left the dealer with a thumbhole stock and muzzle nut spot welded on.

This is what I suspected.  I was hoping that the 1/94 date meant that some early Intact imports were pre-bans.

I have all the parts to make it legal and I picked it up real cheap so no big deal on the converson.  However, it would be nice to keep the folding stock on it and that is why I asked the question.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a '95 Maddi ARM and after I corrected the windage on the front sight (it shot waaaay left), became one of my favorites. I do have the black polymer furniture on it and an AK-74 style brake which I highly recommend. Congrats on your purchase.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top