Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2003 10:05:19 AM EDT
Well, after a long wait, she finally came home to me today!! Troy did a FANTASTIC job, and she was worth the 5 month wait. Started with a Norinco 84S in .223, and she ended up as one bad ass 5.45x39 Krink complete with folding stock and approved as a Class 3 Short Barrel Rifle by the folks at the BATF.  To top her off, I had Troy swap out the Bulgarian handguards with a beautiful set of Russian laminate wood.  Just put the sling on her, and she's ready to get some range time tomorrow!! If i can figure out how to post pics, I'll be posting some glamour shots very shortly!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
PICS MAN!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't mind, when you get pics please take one of the feed ramp.

I am very curious to see what Troy does to modify the original built-in ramp to feed 5.45mm
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#4]
On the original .223 rifles I usually don't have to modify the feed ramp. It's only when we convert the 7.62 rifles to 5.45 that we have to do that. Then we either change out the removable feed ramp or mill out the solid ones and weld in new ones from K-var. We function check with at least thirty rounds then.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On the original .223 rifles I usually don't have to modify the feed ramp. It's only when we convert the 7.62 rifles to 5.45 that we have to do that. Then we either change out the removable feed ramp or mill out the solid ones and weld in new ones from K-var. We function check with at least thirty rounds then.

Troy Sellars
IN RANGE inc.

Troy:

I know WHAT you do for the job, you just received my Norinco 84s Gucciano abortion Thursday for that very same modification. I am just wanting to see an advance photo of what I am to expect soon :)

However, I thought you said going from .223 to 5.45mm did require milling the old and putting a new one in?

Either way, I have full faith in you as I know you have made that rifle in 5.45 work. Can't wait to get it back...
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Bring that badboy to Knob Creek and we will function test it on the lower range!!!

I took both my 7.62 and 5.45 InRange Krinkovs to The Knob last year and ran a thousand rounds thru each one......No jams, no misfires, no errors.

Just remember to bring an oven mitt with you.  We set the wood on fire when rapid firing four mags at a time.

Glad everything worked out for you, post pics when you can!

KF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top