Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 7:57:54 AM EDT
All,

Just spoke with Todd and posted a photo of one of their Krinkovs with their new "fake" PBS-5 suppressor.

Check it out when you get the chance.

KF

www.ohiorapidfire.com
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey!! You beat me to it.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.....

Hey Moe....hey Larry !

KF
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say Ohio Rapid Fire seems intent upon contributing a hell of a lot to our hobby.  Just looking through their site is a studdy in ambition combined with good prices.  I like that RF-53 thing, it looks like a fun piece of work.  

Hey Krinkfreak, what are their finishes like as far as what's on your Krink from them?  Also, what do you think they would charge for that kind of moly over phosphate finish as far as just a refinish goes? Their site says to contact them about it but I thought you might know.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Heres a few pics of a PBS-3 Mike put together, its mounted on a ORF AKS-74U .

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I assume this will also fit the Bulgarian AK-74 FSB with no problems?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, they will.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
All,

Just spoke with Todd and posted a photo of one of their Krinkovs with their new "fake" PBS-5 suppressor.

Check it out when you get the chance.

KF

What the heck is a  PBS-5 suppresor? Anyone got any pics? I have handled real PBS-1 and PBS-4 suppresors, but haven't seen the number 5 yet....please send me some info if anybody has anything.....
Thanks,
-C
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[
What the heck is a  PBS-5 suppresor? Anyone got any pics? I have handled real PBS-1 and PBS-4 suppresors, but haven't seen the number 5 yet....please send me some info if anybody has anything.....
Thanks,
-C

Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Our version:

A little different. I didn't have tat good a pic to go by. Should I change the design? Thanks for all the comments guys!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is a decent pic of a real PBS-4 from the front quarter view...
I still want to see some *Russian pics* of this PBS-5 I keep hearing about!
EX11B, thanks for the ASD pics, I saw them at the SAR show in Phoenix (with that suppresor) a couple of years ago. Still want to know where they got "PBS-5" from!!!
-C
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
From my searching I think I can safely say the PBS-5 is a designation applied exclusively to Acme Spotted Dog Krink suppressors, which are patterned after the PBS-4, but are not the same thus requiring a new designation.  There isn't a PBS-5 made by the Russians.  

I think because the ASD "PBS-5" is fairly well known, the designation has been taken as authentic by most people.  Either way, the product described in this thread is still pretty sweet...
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the clarifications Ajer....
I am not knocking the product at all; they look great, I just was confused by the name they used for their mock-up...I was racking my brain and resources trying to find real pics of a "PBS-5" so I could compare ASD's unit to the real thing. The first post was KrinkFreak
saying the words "Fake" PBS-5, which led me to belive there was a "real" PBS-5 out there...
Now I know it compares loosely to the Russian PBS-4 from which it was derived. Thnx
-C
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks sorta like a MAGLITE.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#15]
YOU    look sorta like a maglite!  

Sorry couldn't help it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top