Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 7:23:20 PM EDT
It's been a while since I've been on here. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi (not that anyone knows me that well). I remember that for a while everyone wanted a counter for the AW ban sunset. To this date I haven't found one available for download. I did find a way to do it though. I hope it isn't stealing.

If you go to www.awbansunset.com and save their main page to you're hard drive you can right click it and select "edit". Microsoft word will take over any you'll notice a little "J" in the upper right hand area. Copy it to a new page. Modify the new page with you're background or just use black (or whatever). Save it as a webpage. You have now created the file you need. (win xp) Right click on the desktop and go to properties/desktop/customize desktop/"web" tab. click "new" and browse for the file you made. Play with it a little and you've got a pretty cool counter on you're desktop.

If you can't figure out what I did I'll email it to some of you. Maybe you can take it from there and make it better.

If there is a better/easier counter available, please tell me.

Truly sorry if this is worthless yto you guys.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's been a while since I've been on here. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi (not that anyone knows me that well). I remember that for a while everyone wanted a counter for the AW ban sunset. To this date I haven't found one available for download. I did find a way to do it though. I hope it isn't stealing.

If you go to www.awbansunset.com and save their main page to you're hard drive you can right click it and select "edit". Microsoft word will take over any you'll notice a little "J" in the upper right hand area. Copy it to a new page. Modify the new page with you're background or just use black (or whatever). Save it as a webpage. You have now created the file you need. (win xp) Right click on the desktop and go to properties/desktop/customize desktop/"web" tab. click "new" and browse for the file you made. Play with it a little and you've got a pretty cool counter on you're desktop.

If you can't figure out what I did I'll email it to some of you. Maybe you can take it from there and make it better.

If there is a better/easier counter available, please tell me.

Truly sorry if this is worthless yto you guys.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top