Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 1:13:59 PM EDT
Six months in the desert was too long....boys were nagging me to take them to the range.  Had to give them the safety briefing before we went hot...

5.56 Krinkov from Ohio Rapid Fire wasn't missing a beat.  Nice fireball on every round, but the digital camera didn't capture it.

7.62 In Range Krinkov was eating magazine after magazine and just wouldn't quit...

Romanian FPL was surprisingly accurate, but I really needed a bench rest or sand bags to take full advantage....

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shirt! How much do I owe for that one?
Troy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice pics!
Brings back memories of fondling the ORF 5.56 Krinks at BFest,hmmm......

And don't make me post pics of all the crap I wipe off my glasses after shooting, along with a list of statistics from my old safety consulting job.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice Lands End blanket, or is it LL Bean. Is that an AR I see?? Keeping true to the name though. Looks like fun was had by all
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice looking rifles.  As for eye protection, just how are you going to lose an eye shooting an AK? I'm probably in the wrong, but I've never worn glasses for shooting.

By the way, tell your son to either turn his hat around or take it off.  It's like George Carlin said, white guys over ten wearing backwards hats are an abomination!  
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the kid, hats backwards when shooting. Never let that dumb bill get in my face...ever. Besides, dont you ever watch the movies? You cant shoot a gun with your hat on straight, you'll look like a goof.

I also detest shooting rifles with glasses, they always get in the way of a good cheek weld. In the Army its extremely rare to ever wear eyewear when shooting...besides...fight like you train. Pistols are another issue, but all I ever shoot is my Walther p22 anymore....
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
troy.How much for one of the T-shirts....
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
We were at the Spring Valley Range.  They have new bullet traps instead of the old dirt berm to shoot into....kind of takes the fun out of shooting....nothing beats "bouncing" a plastic pop bottle at 100 yards.

That's an AR-10 in 7.62 on the table.

I always believe in safety, but they never gave me safety glasses on the ranges of Ft Benning....I'll have to pick some up for the kids.

Take care all,

KF

Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Are the cans real or fake?

Is your oldest boy left eye dominant or is he just spotting?

Good to have you back safe and sound in the USA Krink!

Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Fake cans.

The 5.56 Krinkov has one from Ohio Rapid Fire, and the 7.62 Krinkov has one from Troy Sellars of In Range.

KF
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That's an AR-10 in 7.62 on the table.

KF

I knew you had to be a man of impeccable taste !!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
My AKs always seem to blow back some oily crud on my glasses. Better to wipe off than to blink away.
And you never know when some yutz on the line is breaking out his CETME...
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
KF,
Good to see you back stateside and enjoying some quality time with your Boys.  My Son is a bit older, but whenever he comes to visit we make sure to get in some shooting, it is the best of times and we both look forward to the next shoot.

You have some fine rifles there!

Best Regards,
BillSP1
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top