Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 3:16:50 PM EDT
Got offered an SLR-95 for $400. It is like new. Do I want it? There is no way I can stand the thumbhole stock so I will have to buy a new stock kit, trigger group and at least one more US part. Then it still doesn't have a cleaning rod or the scope rail. Should I bother with all this or just buy a new SA M-7s for $650?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Get it. You won't be sorry. CB
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't commint on the rifle your looking at but just recently here in Atlanta I was at a gunshow and SAM 7S at two different tables was selling for $559.I got a quote for $550 on one but I passed.I wished I had  bought it now.I didn't know what they really sold for around the country.They was SAM 7S .I picked them up and milled recievers and all had the side optic mounting plate. If you want the optic mounting plate just save alittle more and get the SAM 7S . Less hassel and it will be complete. Best of luck to ya WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Get it. $89 for a RSA trigger, $85 for a set of Ironwood & you'll have a rifle every bit as nice as a SAM-7.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]
$400 for a SLR-95 is a good price.  Ironwoods sells a stock kit that includes the  buttstock mounting hardware.  This mounting hardware replaces the need to install the lower tang, and it is very solid.  It's also very easy to install.

The cost for the Ironwoods set is $90 shipped, RSA trigger for $59, and you are set.

The SAM-7S is an excellent choice, especially if you want a scope rail.

If you dont care about the scope rail, cleaning rod, and want to customize your rifle the SLR-95 is a very good alternative.

Here is a picture of my converted SLR-95 with the Ironwoods set.

You will only need 4 US parts if your SLR-95 has no muzzle brake on it, and 5 US parts if it does.  The milled receivers need one less US part to make them leagal than the stamped receivers.  Stupid laws.

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys for your help. I think I'm going to pass on it. I'll just end up spending too much to get there from here.

Tracker, that rifle is really nice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is mine with the Ironwood stock set. Below it is my SAR-1:

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
based on your standards (similar to mine. no cleaning rod, having to add the lower stock tang and a buttstock, pistol grip, usa parts)...i'ld pass.

just buy the sa-m7 for $550-570 and be dollars and time ahead.

Prices from the FAC website:
SAM-7   $534
SAM-7S $621
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top