Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/19/2003 7:46:05 AM EDT
I have decided to purchase an AK variant and have narrowed the choices down to either a Krebs Custom model or one of the AK USA 103 models.  Any suggestions on which one to purchase?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have decided to purchase an AK variant and have narrowed the choices down to either a Krebs Custom model or one of the AK USA 103 models.  Any suggestions on which one to purchase?

sandblaster,
I don't know enough to have an opinion but I too am interested in the opinions of those more qualified and am following your thread.

What caliber is the AK USA 103 and are you looking at a rifle or carbine ??

(Never mind on the caliber as I've checked the site - 7.62X39.)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the AK103 from AKUSA. Chris does an excellent build and the customer service he offers is outstanding. Plus he has a new finish that he is using that looks like the real Russian finish. I can not say enough about the AK103 and AK74 build that I purchased from him. Here is a pic of mine that I have they both have the old finish on them plus the camera sucks. Hope you like.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow! those are very nice! those are pretty much the only real russian AKs available right now correct? I have to get one!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would go with the AK103 from AKUSA. Chris does an excellent build and the customer service he offers is outstanding. Plus he has a new finish that he is using that looks like the real Russian finish. I can not say enough about the AK103 and AK74 build that I purchased from him. Here is a pic of mine that I have they both have the old finish on them plus the camera sucks. Hope you like.

www.photocountry.com/users/10452/AK47-AK74.jpg

Schmidt,
the AKUSA site doesn't show any calibers available but the 7.62X39 and the .223 - unless I don't know where to look ??
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If you email Chris, or click on his 'Services' page, you'll get info and costs on 74 builds in 5.45.  The Gallery is chock-full-o-pics of various rifles in different configs.

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you email Chris, or click on his 'Services' page, you'll get info and costs on 74 builds in 5.45.  The Gallery is chock-full-o-pics of various rifles in different configs.

take care,
Tec

Got it and thanks !
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I do not own nor have I ever even handled a Krebs AK, I do have fairly extensive trigger time with an AK-103K that Chris from AK-USA built for me.  Matter of fact, I was one of the first people to buy one I believe.  I have a detailed review of mine on Chris' website as well.  I had an SAR-1 converted to look like an AK-103K as well by a well-known AK smith (well, well known for being a crook now).  The AK-USA was by far superior to the SAR-1.  I'm a big believer in customer service and I can't say enough good things about Chris.  Very easy to get a hold of and very thorough.  After many a round through my AK-103K from AK-USA it just keeps getting better.  Accuracey through mine is truley superb as well.  I don't think you would displeased with either from what I've learned however.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top