Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 6:09:40 PM EDT
I just bought a slr101s modded to accept high caps from FAC. Its a awesome rifle i got the one with the green KVAR stock set and it looks amazing. But i am having problems with it accepting some of my mags. It wont lock on about half my mags and is really tight on others. I did a search for posts on this subject because i recall seeing some in the past but i cannot find anything. Should i lightly file the mag release or should i just go through and file all my mags? If i do file the mags what portion should i file? The bottom angled part or the top flat portion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I suggest filing the magazines, the angled bottom part. Look at the wear pattern on your mags that fit OK. That kinda shows you were to file. Take it easy on the filing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Fix the real problem, dont band-aid it by making your mags non-standard.

The mag catch needs a hundreth of an inch or so filed off the top.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had to file adjust the mag release on several AKs.Take your time and test fit frequently,its not an exact science,just don't remove way too much metal from the top edge of the mag release.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info guys. My gun now accepts all my mags without problem. My chinese mags still fit a bit tight but now lock. I couldnt find a small enough file so i went at it with a dremel tool. Should i worry about corrosion forming in this area?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top