Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2003 8:56:30 PM EDT
I was wondering if this is something a guy could do on his own? And I figure this is legal to do? I do not like SKS mags. THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this isnt the answer to your question.

But back around 1994 I shot a Chinese carbine SKS that took AK mags and drums. It was really sweet! So if you do find out a way, you will like it for sure! Also, please let me know if you find out where and how to do this
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked the same question awhile back.  I was looking for a dropin type conversion or some plans for a home project.  The consesus here was someone used to do it.  It would require some modification to the bolt.  And it would be easier to buy an SKS D model like M4 aiming at U was talking about.  Actually there's one for sale in the EE.

I'll keep looking for some plans as I have currently finished all of my 'projects' and I'm getting bored.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I know this isnt the answer to your question.

But back around 1994 I shot a Chinese carbine SKS that took AK mags and drums. It was really sweet! So if you do find out a way, you will like it for sure! Also, please let me know if you find out where and how to do this

I bought one of those carbines in 1995 right when I turned 18.  It was a chinese paratropper sks.  Had to sell if when I went off to college.  

Its better to spend the extra $150 and get an AK.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a few of these SKS's that took std AK mags. The ones I held would not take a drum without some extensive stock mods, but the 20/30/40 rnds mags all worked fine.  There was also a bolt carrier mod to allow for locking the bolt open manually.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I sold mine to buy a SLR-95.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Bummer, I was hoping there was an easy mod you could do. I suppose if I could find an SKS that was modifed I could fabricate something. But...my SKS funs perfectly so I should probably not mess with it. THANKS
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top