Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 4:45:45 PM EDT
I just picked up a SAR-1 in 7.62x39, and I was really interested in getting a AK74-style muzzle brake attached.

I ran into the Global Trades booth at the gunshow this weekend, and I was told that I would have to get a double thread adapter attached to my muzzle, to which I could screw the A-560 muzzle brake. So the thread adapter I'd need is the 1/2-28 which is normally used for threaded AR-15 barrels. My SAR-1's barrel measures 0.554" in front of the FSB (not threaded of course).

Has anyone done this to their rifle, or is there a better way to do this ? I assume a competent gnsmith could spot weld the thread adapter on the barrel correctly such that the whold thing is on there straight, but I'm kind of worried about the idea....

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My SAR1 has the akusa/ak-103.com parts and I am happy. The smooth inside/threaded outside adaptor needs a bit of boring to slip over the SAR1 bbl diameter, then spin on the brake, align and tack to the front sight base.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thread it yourself 14x1. Then hi temp silver solder. dynasystems-ltd.com
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top