Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 2:41:12 PM EDT
I got the AK-74 magazines from a diffrent order last week. I just called K-VAR and they said it was in trasit with my AK-47 waffle magazines.  Damn I hate waiting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My card was charged yesterday, assume arrival sometime early next week.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The box is sitting next to th e'puter as I type.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Well open it already and tell us all about it.

BTW some pictures would be nice.

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
ya i got monday,and its real nice, but the my AK-47 waffle magazines.turned out to be 74 mags so there on there way back.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
UPS has hosed up delivery for the last two days, even though I changed it to my wife's work address.  There was no sticker on the door today, so maybe they'll come through tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered mine back on December 20th and have yet to hear a word yet.  I have an order number from them but nothing else yet, should I be nervous or is this normal for them?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I placed an order on the 21st of December 3-day select.......it arrived on the 6th of January after 3 phone calls.....and it was missing parts.grrrrrr
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered mine on Dec 20th and it arrived yesterday; however I was not home and missed the delivery again today.  

I hope my wife will be home early enough tomorrow to receive it.  If not I will need to pick it up on Thursday.  The suspense is killing me!

I also ordered 74 mags and a US buttstock for my SLR-95.  I hope they dont screw up my order like they have others.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
JUST Recieved mine in the mail today, looks great and have nice new mags.  HOWEVER, my kit didn't have a matching knife and kit.  They were off, should I be mad?  When does OOW have recievers back in stock?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well open it already and tell us all about it.

BTW some pictures would be nice.

Ok, Ok :)

You can see pictures Here.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I received my black polymer furniture AK74 kit today.

All the parts were there and the bayonet had a matching serial number with the parts kit.

I like it!

A
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine today - not open yet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I just got off the ohone with the jerks at K-var and they informed me that my kit (which was ordered on December 19 or 20 JUST shipped and will be here the middle of next week.  I checked over on ak-47.net and giys who ordered their's on the 3rd of this month received them on the 6th!  How is that for customer dis-service?  Order it a full two weeks AFTER I order mine and receive it BEFORE mine even shipped!  To make it worse, I asked for it to be held at the UPS depot since UPS will not leave deliveries at my residence and I can not receive such a shipment at a government office...  they shipped it to UPS alright but didn't want to give me a tracking number, against company policy.  WTF is THAT about?  It's MY property and you don't want to give me a tracking number for a package I paid to have shipped?!?!?!?!

Yeah the price was great and the kits may rock, but their customer service SUCKS!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
No!  K-VAR sent it adult signature required, and the UPS driver wouldn't let the 19 year-old we have working at the dock sign for it.  According to the card the driver left, he says he'll be back tomorrow between 10:30 AM and 2 PM.  I guess I'll have to come into work and sit and wait on it.  They should put a warning on their online order screen that warns you that they're going to do that.z
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered mine on Dec 20 got it today.  It looks great with matching numbers.  I don't think I can bring myself to cutting the bayonet lug and soldering on the flash hider.  It looks so good already and I like having the cleaning rod under the barrel.  Maybe I should disfigure this one and buy another kit for a possible build in 2004.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I just opened my KVAR kit.  It is virtually identical to my other wood furniture kit from JoeKen which has an 8xxx ser#, and is unfired/pristine condition.  The KVAR kit is in the 310xxx ser# range and arrived with all parts intact, including an unused black polymer mag and a matching polymer handle bayonet and sheath.  The wood has very minor scuff marks that will buff out on the lower handguard, but the rest of the furniture is perfect.  I ordered it around 22 Dec, it shipped 27 Dec and first UPS delivery was attempted 3 Jan.   Pretty darn good, IMO.  I am very pleased, especially for the price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]
So can I grid the ears off the bayonet lugs instead of completly removing them?  I would like to keep the cleaning rod holder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I finally received my 74 kit today.  This was the third attempt that UPS made today and it was successful. Third time is the charm.

All numbers matched and everything I ordered was there.  Looks great!
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Hmmm  well the pistol grip, mag and sling I ordered a day after I ordered the the AK74 kit arrived today but still no word on the kit yet???
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#21]
K-var also sent mine adult signature required.

I work from home and saw the UPS man pull up. By the time that I had gotten to the door, he had left the package at the front door and was already half way back to his truck.

When he heard me open the door, he turned around and said "you need to sign for this". So I signed for it.

So much for K-var paying extra for adult signature required!

A
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#22]
UPS just delivered, and the driver didn't have the package from K-VAR!  He said, "oh it must have not gotten put on the truck."  I did receive a NIW "Colt" bayonet I bought from a member here, but it doesn't have the word "Colt" anywhere on it.  I hope my luck turns-out better when building it.z
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn!  Just got home and UPS left a note on the door that they tried to deliver the kit but wouldn't because a signature was required.  2 days ago they left 1000 rounds of Hirtenberger .308 sitting out there leaning against the door with no one home and now they want a signature.  Oh well I hope they try again tomorrow after I get home.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I am so freakin pissed... why is it that companies can't figure out you fill orders in the order they are received... I'm glad everybody else has gotten their kits. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

edit, I went to post a reply, and it edited yours!....weird!...Goat you messin with the board again?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#26]
arlessinsc and green18
my ups driver will leave sig req stuff on stairs and sometimes will not. i think if he knows its a gun he wants sig otherwise i dont think he cares b/c of where i live he knows its not gonna get stolen.
arless where in s.c. are you? im in charleston.

hiram i went through the same problem with my first k-var 74 kit,i payed for 3 day and 4 days later called them. wouldnt give me tracking # so i got pissed and hung up. called back the next morning bright and early their time and spoke with bob he said he would call me rite back and no shit in 6 or 7 minutes he called back and said it should be there tmrw. he was good to deal with, im not sure if hes the owner or what but try giving him a call, worked for me and oh yeah since then i have not payed for the 3 day s&h.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Woo Hoo got home today just in time as UPS was making a delivery to the neighbors house and he saw me drive up our 600' dirt driveway and came running over with the package from K Var.  He had no idea what was inside and only knew that this package needed a signature.  The kit is absolutely perfect and all serial numbers match and now I only need the receiver from OOW and its all off to Troy at INRange.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#28]
GOT MINE TODAY!!! I ordered it last Friday (January 3). I came home today and my wife said no UPS today. I was rather upset so I called K-Var to inquire about the status of my order. Well, their computer was down so they told me they would have to call me back. In the mean time, I heard the UPS truck coming up the drive. I have other things coming, so I wasn't overly optimistic. When I checked the label and saw "K-VAR" on it, I knew what it was. They did forget to add my US-made pistol grip, but didn't charge me for it either. I just called them and the gentleman said he would get it out Priority Mail tomorrow instead of with UPS Monday. I am quite pleased with the product and the service I received.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:48:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
K-VAR's customer skills suck donkey dick!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:57:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Everything I have ordered on line I have gotten promptly and 5% cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#32]
They did fine by me, and the 5% is nice.   YOu could have gone with another company and paid more and recieved less, if at all.  There are some bad storys on other companies, and I think K-var is doing a great job.  Saying that I do realize that they didn't make this offer until someone under cut them.  Its good to have some indians around to watch to bigboys prices.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder how many people here who had problems did a phone order?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys are a bunch of whining bitches!! I ordered a kit from JoeKen and over 1 month passed between the time the order was placed and the time it shipped (JoeKen SUCKS). I ordered it before the K-Var kits came back in stock and I am still tempted to send it back.

I was planning on sitting on this kit for awhile, but it is not hermetically sealed like the K-Var kits are. So, if anybody is looking to buy a kit, let me know, I may take a bit of a hit on it so I can order one that is hermetically sealed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
You guys are a bunch of whining bitches!! I ordered a kit from JoeKen and over 1 month passed between the time the order was placed and the time it shipped (JoeKen SUCKS). I ordered it before the K-Var kits came back in stock and I am still tempted to send it back.

I was planning on sitting on this kit for awhile, but it is not hermetically sealed like the K-Var kits are. So, if anybody is looking to buy a kit, let me know, I may take a bit of a hit on it so I can order one that is hermetically sealed.

Well if watching someone who ordered two weeks after you get their kit before your's ships is whining... well I'm guilty as charged.  Joeken actually got their's to me faster than KVAR and they were the most screwed up outfit I have ever seen.

Facts are I ordered before 90% of the people here who ordered kits... they all have their's, mine is due in sometime next week.  I could almost forgive it if it was just me that this is happening to, but RotDorn is in the same boat.  Clearly they do not give a crap about the service they provide.  Furthermore this nonsense about their policy being not to provide a tracking number... heck if they supplied one people wouldn't have to call repeatedly on their own dime to try and find out what the hell is going on.

BTW, they didn't ship the kits until early January not because they didn't have them, but because they were busy with other things.  So I ordered it on December 19 and they didn't intend to begin shipping them for two weeks, even though they had them all along.  No indication on their website, or in the confirmation email, that they were going to sit on the order for weeks.

Nope, sorry, LOUSY customer service!
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#36]
My only complaint about the AK-74 kit is that upon closer inspection I noticed that my trigger guard has two deep grinder marks on one side. Hopefully they can be ground out. And I can't blame that on K-Var, only on some poor grinder operator.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top