Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2003 2:42:35 PM EDT
Im trying to figure out what stock to put on U47.I know its gonna be a folder and since an underfolder is not an option Im thinking about side folders.The one from KVAR looks nice.LOOK FAMILIAR RotDorn???

Has anybody ever installed one?How tough of a job is it?Since my tang is busted what kind of tang will I need?Most important to me is will I have to modify the receiver?I think Ill have anything I need to do it since I work at an Auto shop thats set up pretty well.Any Advice from someone thats tackled this install would help.Thanks,45B10
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn RotDorn!!Your full of all kinds of good news arent ya.LOL.I dont have a problem removing the rear trunion but is there a side folder(close to this design) that wont  require welding/redrilling holes or am I stuck?Im gonna build U47 myself and Im now welder so now what??
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind me askin.........why is the underfolder out of the question?
Mark
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Because its a starit cut receiver.An underfolder is what I really would like but they say its a NOGO
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's an underfolder stock on an INTRAC MAADI ARM Receiver.  Fully functional, but pinned for legality.  Work was done by InRange of Kodak Tennessee.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Well RotDorn Im Dreamin about being a Doer.LOL.What it really boils down to is options.There are alot of options out there and I still have to figure out what I want exactly.Ive stripped U47 down to Barrel and Receiver and getting it ready to sand blast tommorro.I could send it to InRange or someplace like that to rebuild or replace parts but WHY??To me this is something I need to do myself.I have access(my work)to a fully equipted shop so why not do it all myself?I just need the help from the fine folks here on what works and what wont.You guys have been patient and for that Im very thankfull.`
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The correct lower hand guard and new pistol grip can be bought for cheap $ at FAC.  It is the one with the bayonet cut in it.  The Bayonet should be at global trades with the upper handguard, gas tube, and the correct barrel.  If you put the original type stock back ( which is what "restoration" is all about) I have one I'll part with.  I'm NOT for putting an underfolder on it.  They suck.  I have an original Clayco pre-ban with the underfolding stock.  It is loose, and amplifies the kick something terrible.  It dosen't take long to wear in some slop either. The side folder is better, but there goes the restoration part.  Frankly, the only parts I'd save would be the front trunion and the receiver.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Agree with MG34ss.

Keep the receiver and trunnion, go to the polytech parts webpage, and buy all new replacement parts.

My .02 cents.

KF
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been thinking about this one for a few days,replacing the trunnion on a stamped receiver thats been soaking in a pond for 10 to 15 years would be a tough job.Would it be possible to just weld a new tang to your trunnion in place.Then you can go back with the original buttstock configuration or use a modified East German folder.You can use the tang from any type of rear trunnion.Since the buttstock mounts with two screws,there is not much pressure on the rear most tang. With all of the parts kits avaliable,getting a trunnion should'nt be a problem.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top