Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/18/2002 3:34:01 PM EDT
Damn the next few days are gonna pass slow! I had a local dealer order an SAR 1 and a couple of 30 rd. mags for me today. It's coming from SOG. This will be my first AK although I have shot quite a few of them. As soon as I can sell my 1903 Springfield I will be ordering a Kobra sight from Tantal, I got to look through one at a gun show last weekend and I really like them. Man I hate waiting on a new gun!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
 It's a nail that's driving into your skin
as you wait out he days.

Why not shoot the SAR first with the irons?
Some do quite well with them and they are reliable and you get to keep your '03.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of those.
Go and get some green furniture for it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
&*!@~# SOG! My rifle came in today and it was a WASR-10 with the milled out magazine well instead of an SAR-1. The dealer is sending it back and getting another one on the way from AIM. We should have dealt with them in the first place. Now another week of waiting, Aaaahhhhhrrrr!
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
&*!@~# SOG! My rifle came in today and it was a WASR-10 with the milled out magazine well instead of an SAR-1. The dealer is sending it back and getting another one on the way from AIM. We should have dealt with them in the first place. Now another week of waiting, Aaaahhhhhrrrr!

This would be ANOTHER of my pet peeves.
AB
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Well maybe you can get that kobra now so it arrives around the same time!  Check ebay and www.ak-47.net for some possible good deals.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
&*!@~# SOG!  The dealer is sending it back and getting another one on the way from AIM. We should have dealt with them in the first place.

SOG is not the place it used to be.  The owner of AIM was once high up in SOG. He did all the purchasing.  They are much better people to deal with. Thye may be wrong from time to time, but they will never intentionally lie to you like SOG will.
SOG hates me. When ever I place an order I pick it up myself and warn them ahead of time that it damn well better be in good shape.  They don't like that very well, were as AIM will gladly get you a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Figured that'd be the way this story ended up. Send it back, tell 'em to cram it and get one from AIM.

Next time you buy anything ask around here a little bit first. That's what we're all here for.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Did their add actually say SAR-1 ? The SOG adds in SGN just say " Romanian AK - 47 " Which a WUM/ WASR-10 is . Their part number # AK-RWUMPG should have been a dead give away that they are not SAR's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What up with your 1903. "Victorian assult rifle"
Email me some pics I may buy it???

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I told the dealer I wanted an SAR-1, he made the order. I have a C&R and have dealt with AIM before, they are good people for sure.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top