Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2002 2:10:51 PM EDT
I just got my first AK, a SAR-2 about 2 weeks ago. I finally got out to the range and it has some pretty good trigger slap. Now i've seen some sites that have some dissassembly instructions but I was hoping for a really comprehensive set of instructions on how to dissassemble the trigger group so I can grind off that little piece of metal on the dissconnector, I heard this will reduce the trigger slap problem. Someday I might go to the redstar arms trigger but for now the AK is just a plinker

Also where do you guys get 5.45 ammo online. I already checked eric the ammoman and was wondering where else sold the 5.45 for good prices.

Thanks
Rick
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
blackrifle.gunsnet.net/triggerslap.htm

Consider the red text disclaimer at the bottom of the page to reflect my feelings about posting this.  Of course, I do not want to encourage anything that's potentially dangerous or illegal.  This is just one reference that I've encountered.
Link Posted: 10/7/2002 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Has anyone tried this to see if it really works?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Guncrazy223, I get 5.45x39, at Centerfire.

www.centerfiresystems.com

Unfortunetly, they don't have much of a website. All you have to do is call them though. Right now they have HP for $99/1000
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Try here for 5.45 ammo:  www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_ammo.htm#545x39

Also have gotten good service from Dan's on Barnaul, but he is out at the moment.  www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#5]
and ammunitionstore is in N Canton if you live in NE Ohio, no shipping needed :)
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the ammunition store link. I buy most of my ammo from them at gunshows but never visited their web site. I'll take a look at the others too, just to see whats out there.

BTW the grinding thing seemed to work. I haven't fired it yet but it doesn't jolt the trigger when I pull back the bolt by hand anymore.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top