Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2021 2:53:18 AM EDT
I recently purchased a WBP Polish AKM/AKMS virgin parts kit that I'll be sending out to be professionally built into a folding stock AKMS rifle.

I have a question, I've noticed that the gas block that came with the parts kit, looks more like a "Romanian/Hungarian" gas block, verse a virgin Polish gas block that I picked a few years ago.  

The one I picked up a few years ago looks totally different than any Romanian/Hungarian gas block I've ever seen...  This one has a more "beefier" area above the gas port hole that leads to the area where it meets and greets the gas piston.  The WBP gas block seems to be more tapered in that area.

What is the difference between these two Polish gas blocks?  And the million dollar question is what would be the more "correct" one to use for a 1983-1985 build?

FYI, besides the WBP parts kit, I'll be using a Childers receiver and a current production Polish FB virgin barrel for this build.  

Thanks for any info in this area.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a pic?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top