Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2020 11:53:57 AM EDT
https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/gearscout/irons/2020/03/18/this-company-is-working-on-an-all-american-version-of-russias-vss-spec-ops-rifle/

No date on the article, sorry if it is old news.

Slagga’s take on the VSS, dubbed the Viska, will essentially be the same gun though in semi-automatic form. Like the VSS, the Viska can be taken down quickly for transport or storage thanks to a quick-detach stock and suppressor. According to the company, the suppressor will use a mono-core baffle, enhancing its noise-reduction capabilities.

Buyer beware, that will require two tax stamps to comply with NFA regulations — one to cover the suppressor and one to cover the fact that the Viska is technically a short-barreled rifle.

Slagga is also in the process of developing a pair of non-NFA versions of the Viska, including one with a pistol brace and a threaded muzzle, and the second a rifle version with a fixed stock and a 16-inch barrel shrouded by a faux suppressor.

For now, the Viska will use a side rail to mount SVD and AKM-style scopes, and will feed from 10 or 20-round polymer magazines. Purists breathe ease, the Viska will be chambered in 9x39 mm like the VSS, though the company also plans on developing versions in 300 Blackout and 7.62x39 mm.

The company plans on taking pre-orders for the rifle for $3000 apiece, but an opening date for the orders or the release of the gun hasn’t yet been set.

http://www.slaggamfg.com/viska
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Need one just so I can LARP my avatar.

Also, woohoo, plans for AS VAL conversion:

Will there be an AS VAL/SR3M clone?

We have plans for both an AS VAL stock/grip and an SR3M. Our current plan for the AS VAL is to offer a grip and side folding stock unit that easily mounts to the standard Viska. While the SR3M share many components with the Viska, we will need to design a new receiver, barrel, and forend components. The SR3M clone will be in development after the start of production of the Viska.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Neat!

Definitely would be an interesting twist on the “Truck Gun” .
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
still holding my breath.....This has been in the works for awhile, but so was the KR-9 IIRC. So there is hope!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
This and a DeLisle carbine and I'd be a happy camper!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This and a DeLisle carbine and I'd be a happy camper!
View Quote

You have good taste in firearms.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
<snip> edited the curse words, remember this IS NOT GD. dryflash3 If this makes it to market(especially now Krebs and Wolf bringing in 9x39mm) I may have to just see about filling out that immigration paperwork... A VSS/Val/SR3 trifecta is a literal pipe dream come true.

ETA: MY GOD.  Didn't even see the part about attempting a Canadian market attempt when possible. <snip> Never get here thanks to our laws and most recent bans but damn.... That'd be the dream.  Even with shitty 5 round mags and a fake extra long suppressor...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top